Runners for BYP

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I grew up in Ohio. :D

I told hubs that if we ever expand to another enclosure, that I would want Buckeyes. He was like "uhhhh... okay." :lol:

bluelacedredhead

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
Well, my OEGB article wouldn't be much of a rainbow since I only own Buff and BBReds, but it'll be as interesting as I can make it!
I understand now. You want to write articles based on your own experiences with poultry which makes perfect sense to me.

And yes, it can be difficult to put together an article that sounds your own, when you haven't raised a particular breed, especially if that fowl is so rare that all the info out there is based on the same few facts.

Best of luck with your articles! You've chosen some great topics.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks! Actually, I am turning in my OEGB article on Thursday. Shh. Don't tell Mrs. Belanger. I want it to be a suprise; she'll be so delighted. Breed articles are the hardest for them to find and they sometimes have to scrape by. But my access to over 12 breeds and a hatchery where I could get far more gives me the opportunity to help. :cool: I made up a list of EVERY color variety of the OEGB I could find; It makes up literally half the article. :th
And you are right; I do want to draw only from my experience. People like my writing because apparently I am very litteral. When somebody would say, 'Orpine has 16% calcium and is a good choice for secondary forageduring the early summer for layers...', I say 'Orpine is a good plant to give your birds. One summer I had to keep a small troupe of hens indoors all the time and fed them alot of Orpine, and I noticed no lack of productivity...'. People love that. Someone put it that I seem uninterested to the means to an end (charts and percents and junk) but only in the end itself. And hey, when I have a distinct writing style, I must be doing okay :cool:

Latest posts