RUNuts 2018 Garden thread (attempt)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think a dumb dog is much easier to live with then a smart dog. Dumb dogs just goes with the flow happily. a smart dog tests you all the time and can be a challenge. A untrained dog can be either. Clients are shocked when they say " at what age will he grow out of this" my answer at the age you train him too.

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We went to a garden sale/fund raiser and wound up with a Moringa. I keep trying to order seeds and now have a growing specimen. May have seeds myself in a few years. Or need another specimen to experiment on. :rolleyes:

Seeds are expensive. Fund raiser plants are MORE expensive. Gotta know my limits.

If you have spares, PM me details. Or a cutting.

Banana went by the path on one of the drier parts of the yard. If the dogs don't roll in the fertilizer, we will be doing good. Otherwise, I get to use my new fencing skills. Thanks @baymule for the fencing encouragement. Less painful than I thought.

I'd been reading about the destructive potential of chickens. If these, ahem, Asian Ground Parrots are any indication, wow. To think I wanted a goat to save lawn mowing. Who would have thought...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fencing ain't so bad.....just hard work. We gotta build a pig pen.....always something.

Chickens are the scorched earth of the animal world. Mow the grass indeed! :lol::lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, just remembered one that didn't. I got him at a year old and there was no way to contain him on the property. He had to be on a long overhead runner cable.
He nipped three year old Kid#1 one day and I should have just shot him then. He got out of the yard soon after when I let him off his cable so he could run around a little. He rewarded me by racing off the property and down the road where a kid hit him with his car. Ended up with a big vet bill and had him put down in the end. Also got a big bill from the kids insurance company which thankfully our insurance paid. The only dog we had that I just couldn't like. We only had him for 6 months. But he was unredeemably dumb.

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Crazy Lady brought home a terrier something. That bitch would tunnel under the ocean. I came home from work and was told that "WE" were going to have puppies. :rolleyes: I thought "WE" had decided not to.

She taught all of them to dig. I had chain link laying in front of the chain link to keep them in. The lawn mower had a hard life. No more terriers for me.

More pleasant concerns. I was looking at the former flight cage growing new clover and the grass that survived (or was seeded). There is no reason I can't put flowers in there too. See what comes up! Loosen up some of that clay brick soil. Now that I have a 2' chicken wire around it, the dogs only occasionally go into it. Especially if a squirrel is in there. Flowers will be gorgeous. And I have an excuse to let the mower rest.

Maybe succession planting with cucumbers? Should have thought of this last month. :clap

Planting sweet taters in the barrels by the parrot flight cage for a trellis. Sunflowers. Just found a pile of butternut squash seedling that survived the parrots. WOW. Need to transplant those.

The HOA loves my front yard. We have 1/3 seeded in black eyed Susans that bloom in a vibrant yellow explosion. They neighbors all love it. The HOA wants my flower bed edged. I got the road and driveway as edgings?!? Some people. :hu Those things produce seeds like no one's business. :thumbsup

Latest posts