RUNuts 2018 Garden thread (attempt)

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, Red is a Borzoi. Quite mischievous. Liked going for runs over the 6 foot wooden fence. Getting out of the kennel until we roofed it. We kept her on leash for a couple of years. She has settled down finally and hasn't breached the kennel fence to the parrots.

Her brother is slightly cross eyed. He never learned how to jump. She would get on top of the trampoline and he would get under it. Lots of fun had by all.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom had a Borzoi. She was beautiful and elegant, but couldn't swim worth a durn. We used to take all the family dogs to the bay and swim out to a little island. My husband and I had a Newf and a Malamute, and we always picked up the folks dogs too. Poor Nadia would get in the water and start swimming with us, but with that sharp keel, her body just wanted to float sideways, kinda more like a barge, haha.

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That sounds hilarious. Yes, very sharp keel. Sideways, hmmm. Thank you for sharing.

These are numbers 4 & 5 for the Crazy Lady. She is already talking about #6. Argghh!

Beautiful dogs! Red prances when we walk. Very proper.

Son has taught Red to stand up and put her paws on your shoulder. Cute trick. Not condoned.

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beautiful dogs indeed. Jake (#1) raised our kids. He was a great babysitter. Lost him at 7 unfortunately. Sky and Sparky (#2 & 3) we couldn't keep in the yard. Out the door, over the fence and down the street. They had learned how to climb at the breeders and when returned, she put lids on the kennels for the whole litter. They loved to run. She came home one day to find Sparky trotting down the road. She opened the door and he road back. I think Sky got her Coursing Championship. Breeder was happy when she learned of the strong prey drive.

Red has settled down. But OMG! I'm not ready for another puppy.

Fencing. Looks like TSC and Lowes has the same Red Brand 5' Woven wire fence for $10 difference.

Does anyone have Moringa seeds available?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
A question, we might save you a lot of money and hard work, is keeping the dogs and parrots out of the garden your only worry? If so, you might want to put up this plastic mesh fence, it is cheap and will be easy to take down. It will not slow down a rabbit, but if they are not a problem, this just might be your better option. I put this around my first garden to keep the dogs out.

plastic has always been a very bad choice around here. it just doesn't hold up very well. rabbits chewed through ours within a few weeks. now it just falls apart and is a mess. waste of $...

Latest posts