@s!*! sprayers!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I brought this home yesterday. Small removable concentrate tanks. Neat idea at a small scale. Set to zero flow for flushing convenience. I bought a second tank and will probably have a third. It has a flow switch for a small 3 or 4 nozzle boom sprayer which I have not aquired yet. I am toying with the idea of a garden cart setup to haul it around with, as I cannot get the mower into the woods surrounding the house. I can fill it once I get it up the hill and haul it downhill. Much easier method than pulling it up into the woods. One thing I will be spraying for is sudden oak death and that will require some volume and big cart wheels for the woodsy terrain.View attachment 44304
Different brand but what I use on my Polaris. Buddy & I made a 15’ spray boom that fits into receiver. I have a 2 gal/minute pump.. wish it were a 5 gallon so it would recirculate most back to tank to keep everything in suspension. The most expensive part were the spray nozzles....

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Different brand but what I use on my Polaris. Buddy & I made a 15’ spray boom that fits into receiver. I have a 2 gal/minute pump.. wish it were a 5 gallon so it would recirculate most back to tank to keep everything in suspension. The most expensive part were the spray nozzles....
I do not spray ag so that idea of recirculation hit me like a new idea!

This little guy has a 2.5gph marking and the thing is setup at household pressures of 40-60psi. Do the bigger pumps have an inherent regulator of some method or is it based on orifice maybe? Safety valves?

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spray at 30 psi. The pressure gauge should allow extra liquids to go back into the tank. On mine, you can set it for desired pressure. The amount of pressure needed will depend upon hose thickness, # of nozzles and their pattern (I use flood nozzles). With 6 nozzles, 30 psi is all the 2 gallons pump wants at 5 MPH. I spray my yard, church yard, test strips in fields or use wand to direct spray weed killer on poison ivy. Key is to always clean/rinse after use or chemicals will dry in places you can’t clean.

Latest posts