Sad day on the farm...

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just have to update:

I am very happy with the outcome of this unfortunate situation.

Last week, McMurray offered immediately to either refund my money in full or replace the turkey chicks. The only thing, they said, they did not have any of the Broad Brested Bronze or Jumbo Whites available, so I would need to take substitutions. I was fine with that.
They said, chicks should "NEVER" arrive dead and they were very sorry.

I received a call from the post office at 8am this morning to tell me that I had more chicks there.

Not only were they all Very Much Alive, Very Hungry and Very Loud, but they also put in an extra, AND...half of them were Broad Brested Bronze and half were Jumbo Whites. So I don't know where they found them. But they did and I really couldn't be happier with their service.

All in all, we ended up with what we wanted plus 3 extra turkeys free of charge. :thumbsup

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow!! That's awesome!

Meyer didn't have any of the EEs available until August, but I told them that I wanted my birds to be close in age... they're sending me 5 Buckeyes on Monday! (The day before my birthday, might I add) I called them back to MAKE SURE that they were sending me FIVE buckeyes because it plainly says on their website that their max is 3 chicks! She said that there were going to be 5, and I checked my order this morning, and sure enough... 4 females and a male! I dunno what I did to be so special, but, I'm glad I am! :)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Wow!! That's awesome!

Meyer didn't have any of the EEs available until August, but I told them that I wanted my birds to be close in age... they're sending me 5 Buckeyes on Monday! (The day before my birthday, might I add) I called them back to MAKE SURE that they were sending me FIVE buckeyes because it plainly says on their website that their max is 3 chicks! She said that there were going to be 5, and I checked my order this morning, and sure enough... 4 females and a male! I dunno what I did to be so special, but, I'm glad I am! :)
Maybe they know your birthday is coming up lol.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
Just have to update:

I am very happy with the outcome of this unfortunate situation.

Last week, McMurray offered immediately to either refund my money in full or replace the turkey chicks. The only thing, they said, they did not have any of the Broad Brested Bronze or Jumbo Whites available, so I would need to take substitutions. I was fine with that.
They said, chicks should "NEVER" arrive dead and they were very sorry.

. :thumbsup
I ordered from them last year and all my chicks got here alive. I ordered locally this year and the chickens were 2 months late. I'll go back to McMurrays again

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Collector said:
nachoqtpie said:
Wow!! That's awesome!

LOL!! Maybe! Now if I only don't have sick kids on my birthday! GAH! Bug came home from school yesterday sick, took her to the dr and she has strep AND the flu! This morning I wake up to get the kids off to school and Monk says he threw up twice last night. I JUST started watching my best friends little girl for her, but she's not coming over today because of the kids being sick. I feel terrible! :(

(Sorry Stubborn... I'll stop posting off topic!! Where's that thread where you're supposed to be off topic?! :p )

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Collector said:
nachoqtpie said:
Wow!! That's awesome!

LOL!! Maybe! Now if I only don't have sick kids on my birthday! GAH! Bug came home from school yesterday sick, took her to the dr and she has strep AND the flu! This morning I wake up to get the kids off to school and Monk says he threw up twice last night. I JUST started watching my best friends little girl for her, but she's not coming over today because of the kids being sick. I feel terrible! :(

(Sorry Stubborn... I'll stop posting off topic!! Where's that thread where you're supposed to be off topic?! :p )

Oh my goodness! Don't ever worry about that with me. I have been known to rabbit trail a bit on others post myself! :D