Santa Delivered

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
One of my parent's grandfather just passed at 100 years old. He was a civil rights attorney who worked in the south during the civil rights. Up to a couple months ago, he was still practicing 2 days a week! Still sharp as a tack. He died of pneumonia. Her other grandfather passed at 102. He was also very sharp till the end. She has the good genes from both sides of the family, so who knows.

Mary

And Heart~not the pump~but that thing inside that makes a person feel:~ I CAN DO THAT!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Focus on those activities, @Carol Dee . Yeah, that's important.

I'm not sure if it's such a great idea to be moving yourself AND a 40# kid upright, from a sitting position but ... wow, to be able to do that! Maybe if I had the kid draped across my shoulders ;).

Mobility. I'm worried about being able to walk. Despite all those steps I take this time of year, I don't know that my legs are as strong as last year. Strong isn't the right word. What would I be able to do if I couldn't walk?! Gotta keep that weight off.

Even though you had kind words about being close to an "ideal" weight, I'm still in the "overweight" category anywhere close to 200#. It doesn't mean much ~ except ~ there are #'s that I don't need. I can always lose those. Yeah sure, as tho it's so easy. Heart! Gotta have "heart!"

But anyway ;) , it would be easier for me to move without 15# or 20#. They are not doing me any good.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
183#

It's the least that I have weighed in I don't know how many years. Probably, about 25yrs ...

But I've hit 185# any number of times and I'm not fooling myself thinking that I have really turned some corner or achieved some lifetime goal. It's just an annual goal and with my active months winding down quickly ... my goal now has to be to keep that 183 in sight!

I have noticed that my appetite has been guiding me towards starches, lots of starches! No. I gotta stay with the fruits and veggies and lean meats. I can do it, it just takes paying attention.

Steve :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats on that 183! :ya I weighed myself yesterday and I'm at my highest ever! It's still under 130 :hide but still. I knew I was doing bad when I've been eating 4 treats a day instead of 1. I've started having only 2 treats a day. Eventually it will be one but I'm not ready yet.

Steve, even with your slow months coming, you are at a great place! Keep it up.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' Good Job :) Wish I could say the same. Rough summer (all my own doing.) :( So I am heavier than I was in the spring. Grrr. Up and down mostly up. Got to get serious again or I won't reach goal. But I have not given up. I can do this, I will do this. :thumbsup

Latest posts