Santa Delivered

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today, I walked up 5 flights of stairs .. :weee

. then, had to sit and rest about 5 minutes before cruising on outdoors for a breath of very fresh air.

Then, walked down those 5 flights of stairs.

I'm not sure that it was such great exercise. A little too much effort involved for late winter.

Steve
iconhi_zps91d59776.gif

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so with you there, Steve. The worst part of going to the gym in the morning is not going down to change, working out on the weight machines, riding 4 miles or so on a bike, or even tripping around the track to get my heart started, but that stairway getting out gets longer and higher each morning.

One flight, not five and I refuse to take the elevator. Still, I feel I'm creating a traffic jam every time I start that long trek. Feeling sorry for the poor blokes stuck watching the end of me.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, every time you do some type of exercise and have to stop for a breather, it's a good sign! Stair climbing is very good for you. Just keep moving Steve! (Wishing I could put some cute smiley that was appropriate here.) :)

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since October 16th, I have gained 4½ pounds as of today...
That was near the end of February. Believe it or not, it took me nearly 6 months to lose 2# :rolleyes:.

No. I wasn't checking the scales every day. In fact, my 20yo bathroom scales broke over the last 4 or 5 months. I just got a new one. Honestly, it makes me wonder about that reading at the end of February. Broken scales and 2 trips in with the nurse telling me that I was over 190# ... :(! But then, have you noticed that they don't even require that you take off your shoes before stepping on their scales?

Anyway, winter was something of a stressful time for me ... continued thru spring but weight loss might not have accompanied it, once I caught my second wind ... and serving.

And anyway, I downsized the 2017 gardening efforts as best I could. Still getting plenty of exercise. I think. Might just be a little more difficult for me with age, ya know. But hey! That counts, too!

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Myself, I am still STUCK (much of my own doing :( ) But NOT gaining. :) Some off the scale victories.... Being able to get up out of a recliner with a 40# sleeping 6 yr. old and carry him to couch! Walking a FULL mile without pain. Taking BOXES of too big clothes to Good Will. (I will never get that big again. ) :p School starts again Wed. so a routine should help me get back on track, I hope. :fl

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes we need to measure our weight loss by how much we can do. Being able to move easier with no pain and doing things we hadn't been able to in years is worth so much more than how we look or what size we are.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes we need to measure our weight loss by how much we can do. Being able to move easier with no pain and doing things we hadn't been able to in years is worth so much more than how we look or what size we are.

Mary
Exactly :)

Latest posts