Seasonal Weight Loss

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, thistle- I bet we are at that same stage of life...you know the getting old stage! I will be 51 next month. Steve, thanks for mentioning water. I think drinking water is the absolute key to good health. Another issue of aging, is that thirst affects us differently. You don't feel as thirsty- so it is very important to keep on drinking. I have read if you actually feel thirsty- you are already dehydrated.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Yes, thistle- I bet we are at that same stage of life...you know the getting old stage! I will be 51 next month. Steve, thanks for mentioning water. I think drinking water is the absolute key to good health. Another issue of aging, is that thirst affects us differently. You don't feel as thirsty- so it is very important to keep on drinking. I have read if you actually feel thirsty- you are already dehydrated.
Well I just turned double nickels :/ , and the getting old stage is looking like it might not be as fun as advertised!

My son told me recently that a majority of diseases and terminal illnesses are caused by chronic dehydration. The actual percentages were staggering, but I can't remember them because my brain doesn't do numbers. I'm also at that, er... stage of life...

It was a little startling to find out how little my MIL drinks. They visited us for a week, and I believe she had the same water bottle in the car the entire time ( no refill ) that we did the tourist thing. Then she told me she drank a lot of water!

We are water drinkers around here. We make our own distilled water and consume a lot.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The only downside to drinking so much water is the amount of trips I make to the bathroom! :lol: I've been blessed with a quick metabolism, but also cursed with LOATHING the gym, so I tend to get outside as much as possible. (Tho it has become very obvious that the metabolism slows down as I get older!) Much easier to do in the summer, but I've noticed if I do it more in winter, I'm less grumpy. So that's a win-win! One motivator I've used to get myself outside and active is my new camera. I love hiking and taking pictures of the beautiful sights in nature! And the fresh fruits and veggies from the garden are definitely helping. I just picked about a gallon of strawberries today! It counts as a fruit if I eat them with whipped cream and shortcake, right...? ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yum, Kate- you bet it does! Still waiting for my strawberries to ripen. Whenever I recommend someone start drinking more water, I also mention that they will have a new hobby...running to the bathroom! My daughter is a nurse, and she says they rarely see an elderly patient who is not dehydrated. Funny about your MIL, my Mom is the same way. She spends more time filling her water glass with the proper amount of ice, and getting the right straw- then she does drinking the water!!

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My weight gain started in 2010 when first my mom died, then my best dog, ever. I eat when stressed and even told myself as I opened yet another bag of m&ms that I would regret this but then said to myself I didn't care. Once those fat cells get activated there's no stopping them! I had finally gotten back down to 180 at the beginning of April, then my car fell apart, a good friend who was practically family died suddenly, and a week later while my MIL broke her hip and I hadn't had a moment to sit down and just breathe it seemed. So I ate. I refuse to get on the scale at this point until I can get back on my exercise bike regularly. I am so far behind in housework, etc that I feel guilty sitting down and doing posting on these message boards.

But I am finally getting things back under control this week.

I am drinking water as I type. I like water. Should drink more. But I, too hate getting up in the middle of the night. Wait, I seem to be doing that anyway, may as well drink as much as I want and make it worth while. :hu

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Swampduck- sorry to hear of all those troubles. Take it easy on yourself...Staying healthy and finding some inner peace is what is important now.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Oh, Swampduck- sorry to hear of all those troubles. Take it easy on yourself...Staying healthy and finding some inner peace is what is important now.
That's right!

Health and Peace

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have .

. . lost a pound. Moreover, for an entire week .

. . I've kept it off :cool:!

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was going to tell you to just have a good ole fashioned gallbladder attack; that will help you lose weight, but apparently even that doesn't work. I got sick last Thursday--10 days ago-- and couldn't eat solid food for nearly a week.You would think I would have lost a few pounds, but no, after my laparoscopic surgery on Wednesday, I started eating sort of normal. Did I lose that extra 10 pounds? No. Maybe a half a pound. Bummer. All that pain for nuttin. And now an ugly belly button!:/

Latest posts