Seattle

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
May 17-24

Long way to go for lunch......although I’m going to see Seattle and visit DD-traveling nurse.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
A visit with your DD is the Best thing to do in Seattle!!
I’m also cheap-stay in her place that SHE PAYS for..... Go and come as I please. Eat her food-maybe not that as I plan on gorging on seafood that she doesn’t eat.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been 20 to 30 years since I played much of a Seattle tourist. I'm glad you can visit the aquarium, Seed'. Since it didn't receive a mention, I wasn't sure if it was still there!

I don't see a mention of the monorail but that really seemed to be just a shopping excursion and not much otherwise, for me. I would have given my eyeteeth to have gone up in the Space Needle and for the monorail ride during the world's fair back in the 60's. We weren't all that far away but I was just a kid with holes in my pockets back then.

Another ride for a blue-sky day is on the ferry to Bainbridge Island. Just the view of the mountains makes the trip worthwhile. The ferry docks are just down the stairs from Pike Place, past the restaurants and streetcars ...

Steve
The bluest skies you've ever seen in Seattle
And the hills the greenest green in Seattle
Like a beautiful child growing up free and wild
Full of hopes and full of fears
Full of laughter full of tears
Full of dreams to last the years in Seattle
In Seattle

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m looking forward to trip. Fly out (nothing special), harass DD for 8 days, take in Seattle then train ride back home. Never ridden a train except for hundred miles in France. I’m taking the next 2 days off as vaca to recover......

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
By myself. Wife taking care of dog/cats. Plus she doesn’t fly. I won’t be getting off that I know.

May do the get on/off pass another time.

Latest posts