Seed catalog

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Get this... several years ago , one of my neighbors had a bumper crop of apples. They called a food bank to offer them the apples. They said NO because they were home grown. So they cut down 5 apple trees since they were starting to produce more apples then they needed and giving to friends. :hu

:(. A friend of ours has a few huge old apple trees and gave us a box. DS who is 17 got tired of waiting for people to make him an apple pie, so he found the apple peeler. He is a boy with a box of apples, an apple peeler, a recipe and an appetite. He has made 2 so far and the best apple pie ever.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Get this... several years ago , one of my neighbors had a bumper crop of apples. They called a food bank to offer them the apples. They said NO because they were home grown. So they cut down 5 apple trees since they were starting to produce more apples then they needed and giving to friends. :hu
:th:th:th:th:th:th:th

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's sad. I am part of the Alameda Backyard Growers group. Our mission is to give excess homegrown fruit to our local food bank. We even pick the fruit. I think last year we donated close to 10,000 pounds of fruit. This year we got a grant to buy fruit trees. People who wanted them were screened, got to chose which fruits they wanted from a list, given information on how to take care of their trees, and we planted them for them.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
still waiting for the first one to come....... guess everyone got their nose bent since i only ordered from johnnys last year..

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fedco just sent an email saying their catalog wasn't ready and provided a link to a few new items you can read about on their site. :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And yet, Fedco's graphics were completed in the ..

. 19th century.

They remind me of the "Books of Knowledge," I discovered after moving into a farm house when I was 6. Fedco is pragmatically whimsical and comic by comparison.

Steve

Latest posts