Seed catalog

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got my territorial seed co catalog yesterday, too. And have not looked at it yet, either. Maybe today. We had our family get-together yesterday. So a quiet day today.:)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, i paid to get the 2017 Whole Seed Catalog from Baker's Creek when i was at Tractor Supply on X Mas eve. i am again impressed with the pics & stories in it for this year. i still have a lot to look through in it.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Territorial and Johnny's today. I looked through some of the catalogs and trying to decide what I want to do this year. After tearing out all my asparagus and seeing asparagus plants for sale, I am now thinking of where I can put asparagus again.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Stokes catalog is here! I really like this company.
Sounds like you are really stoked. :D (admit it, you were fishing for that one! ;))

The Sample Seed Shop, I can second that. One of my favorite places to shop. The packets contain more than enough seed and such reasonable prices, you can't beat that. Along with all those luscious tomato varieties she always has another 'new to me bean' I have to try, my order has been placed and is already on it's way :).
Annette
Ditto. I trialed a tomato variety she carries (Santa Maria, sent to me in trade); but the seed sent to me by that gardener was severely crossed. I will be ordering it directly from Remy this time. I've always liked Pinetree too; both have good prices, for gardeners who don't need a lot of seed.

The only catalog I have so far is SSE - which will always come (whether I order or not) since I am a member. D.V. Burrell will arrive eventually, since I bulk-order several things from them every few years... I recommend them if they have what you want, postage paid for small quantities, and very fast shipping.

Most of the rest have given up on me, since I never order. I've been saving most of my own seed for 10 years now, and most new trials are from swaps... so mailing to me is a waste of postage. I did send a few emails to companies I respect (such as Peaceful Valley and Territorial) to tell them to take me off their list. When I do order something, I usually do so online. I kind of miss Baker Creek's catalog, though - it made a great coffee table book.

I can count on getting at least one catalog from the Jung conglomerate; living in Wisconsin, I guess I'm on their list forever. :mad: They were a good company once, before they went corporate & began gobbling up others (such as Vermont Bean).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_20170105_1420337_rewind_kindlephoto-35291317.jpg
I've got a little work laid out for me!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary ,

I tossed quite a few. The Burgess Companies, they haven't had an order from me in this century! Tree nurseries. I don't have room for fruit trees or any others!

I'm like a puppy, Baker Creek is new so it scares me ;).

Steve

Latest posts