seed swap donations for upcoming winter seed swap

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, she is keynote at both events. Coming from Wisconsin takes you near enough / through Kalamazoo to get to Midland. Saturday's Kalamazoo event will most likely be less frentic and more personal than Sunday's - far less centered on the free seed distribution aspect that draws many and more on the sharing of seed stories, culture, and use. Saturday's agenda is designed to encourage and facilitate connections with other regional seed stewards. Two titans in the world of seed saving, stewardship and adapting seed to our region, John Sherck and John Edgerton are attending Saturday...
Thanks for the references, @Eleanor , those names were unfamiliar to me. I bookmaked John Sherck's site.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The chief meteorologist for the Seattle Weather Service office just said this afternoon that today was the first fully sunny day in 3 months there.

Perhaps you have wondered why Seattle was the home of Starbucks coffee.

Steve

probably a lot to do with trick-eel down eco-gnomics. :) (aka micro-sloth, etc.)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
still looking good on the forecast. :) (with Monday maybe being a bit messy)

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 34. West southwest wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 24.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 40.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.

Monday: A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ahhh! good to have the chores almost completely done for the week so the rest of the week i can finish up deciding what i want to make samples of to give away and what else to bring (good chance i'm bringing most of the collection anyways as i can fit it).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i am glad to say that almost everything that was given to me as donations i was able to rehome.

some of them are going to also be tested out by me to see how they do here. so, um, yay, more projects! :)

thank you so much to those who donated beans to me for this seed swap. it was a really busy day with a lot of people attending. i'm so glad i don't have to talk right now...

i was able to meet two more TEG members and that was so good to have the face, name and mannerisms - met Russ and Zeedman and said hello to Eleanor again plus a whole bunch of other people.

i was rather surprised by how many faces i recognized from last year's seed swap. i did not get many names though. i'm just not very good with names unless i interact with a person enough. still i was fun and well worth the time spent.

cheers! & *hugs*

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
met Russ and Zeedman and said hello to Eleanor again
Meant with honest respect :):

Are these three as I imagine them? Eleanor carries reference material and wears reading glasses around her neck (as I do ;)). Russ and Zeedman sprinkle seeds out of their pants cuffs wherever they go and off the top of their hats when then bend over to look at something on a table or tip them to the ladies.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Russ has posted a picture of himself via a link to an article (perhaps on his website or even here on TEG) so i had known what he looked like, plus we had talked on the phone a few times. Zeedman and DW i had no idea about and since i have met hundreds of people through the years after reading/writing on-line i didn't have too many preconceptions - he was a bit taller than i expected i think was the one that was funny to me. Eleanor. :) think tornado... heehee... it was fun.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' if you take a peek at his website Russ has a pic on the front page...

i knew i had seen it someplace! :)

as for the seed swap, i sent a note telling the organizer and one of the sponsors thank you for yet another good event and told him it was rather busy and he replied that the door count was twice of last year (700 instead of 350). it sure seemed like it to me so i'm glad my guesstimate of nearly twice was close.

Latest posts