Severe Weather?

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
we're dropping down into the lower 70s tomorrow & into the mid to lower 60s tomorrow night. never in the history of Texas' summers do I remember such a cool front this time of year. we're supposed to get some rain on Monday too! unbelievable
SUPER EXCITED about this!!!
YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm excited too! It didn't rain yesterday, and looks like it will be dry today too!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Notice how the US goes from a lately fairly typical weather chaos to the broadly-spaced lines that the Weather Service is anticipating for next weekend.

Afternoon, July 14th:
2r3fr0y.jpg

July 21st:
2dakajl.jpg

I have noticed that the WS forecasts often trends back towards the "normal" but this looks like things are really calming down. Might be a little messy up here but we will just have to wait and see. ("Messy here" would have mostly to do with the danger of fires.)

Steve
thunder.gif

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Back to Normal ? whats normal for Arizona? we had three very bad electrical storm, NOT one drop of rain... oh gotta love dust storms !(more house cleaning:p)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know, DL.

Here is Tucson. I wonder if your weather might be closer to a weather station in New Mexico, DL. Sorry, you haven't had a little more rain and a little less dangerous lightening!

So far this month:

209oh3m.jpg

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My dad grew up in Las Cruces.

Of course, that was just after they ran Pancho Villa outta town ;).

I have really enjoyed visiting there and would like to explore northern New Mexico a little more. Still, I have been in Southwest Colorado and was amazed how similar the forests there are to here.

Of course, I am comfortable here but I think there is some kind of "sisterhood" to these 2 corners of the world. Dad would claim otherwise. There was nothing between Las Cruces and the North Pole except a blown-down barbwire fence during the winters, he'd say. Summers were so hot you could fry an egg on a bale of alfalfa . . .

Steve

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With all the rain we have had for the pas 2 1/2 weeks we have finally dried out. Now here comes the weather we have been waiting for 90's all week!!!!! GREAT pool weather.

Latest posts