She would not stop until....

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
She hatched more! This little cochin bantam hen was a broody mess almost the entire spring and summer. I bought 5 fertile eggs in may and let her hatch them. 3 hatched and she raised fhe chicks. She went broody 3 more times but I did not want more chickens. We already had 36 by this time. So I kept on breaking her broody mood. Well I got busy and she sat on bunch of eggs and hatched out 8 cutest little chicks! She is a good momma. And I'm excited!

Attachments

• 20190928_172933.jpg
    20190928_172933.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 298

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Broodies are fun, the baby chicks are a bonus that you don't have to raise. We raise Cornish Cross for meat, sell some, give to our DD and family, and eat some ourselves. But by far, the best meat is from young roosters. Maybe they don't have a lot of meat, but it sure has a good flavor.

Congrats on the new chicks!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Broodies are fun, the baby chicks are a bonus that you don't have to raise. We raise Cornish Cross for meat, sell some, give to our DD and family, and eat some ourselves. But by far, the best meat is from young roosters. Maybe they don't have a lot of meat, but it sure has a good flavor.

Congrats on the new chicks!
Agreed!

Latest posts