Show off your Pot...

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I agree succulents and coleus come to mind for little fuss Coleus especially because it comes in so many colors and heights.

I've always liked million bells. They are a something you have to keep up on with watering but no deadheading which saves time. Downside is they have smaller blooms.

Succulents especially there are a ton of them and many trail.

I'm watching this thread I want to do an aged wire birdcage on the front porch in an aged pot of something inside the cage that trails but is an easy keeper. Hang it from the hook we have up I always thought would be pretty.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to be a potted plant fanatic. I grew house plants, African Violets, all kinds of plants on pots inside and outside. Then I realized how easy it is to stick it in the dirt, mulch like crazy and have more time to do something else. :lol:

But......I have more to plant than I have room for, so enter pots again. But not just any pot, I get livestock syrup tubs-they are big! I plant the beans I get from @Bluejay77 in the tubs and they do great! Here's a pic of the Bambarra beans in their livestock tub!

Bambarra beans.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks like a brand new wheelbarrow! I would still be pushing it around the yard and using the old rusty one for flowers. :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, I've been keeping my eye out for an old rusty wheelbarrow to plant in. Haven't found one under $50 but even if I did I don't know where I would put it. Not much room around here.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule, ninnymary and Nyboy
The wheelbarrow she used she claims was junk and no one wanted to use it. It just sat around.
I do love that flower pot. Those are Jon's foot prints to make the butterfly wings. I have 2 more of the same design. One from each Grandson. All given to me Mother's Day last year.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's a wonderful gift for Mother's Day.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have friends or family in construction ask them about a wheelbarrow.

They are often left out in the weather. Concrete mixing is a common use. Once left without being washed out and they won't want to use it again.

A wheelbarrow planter remains potable and can be moved in and out of its site in your yard. It's not like the toilet a plumber can provide. Once planted, a commode isn't very accommodating.

Steve

Latest posts