Show Us Your Tomato!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We grow and talk about so many different tomatoes. We GROW so many different ones. No two are alike, not even from the same vine. So come should off your craziest, favorite, smallest or most delicious tomatoes!

Here is one I got from our 'Black From Tula' tomatoes plant (almost rip but fell off).... thanks to NinnyMary who sent me these seeds a couple of years ago. I really enjoy the flavor and the nutty appearance!

5842_crazy_tomato1.jpg

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
interesting tomato there! i wish i had some pics of mine but they have just started to show signs of producing tomatoes so nothing really odd coming yet other than a few odd named types like Pink Elephant or the Fish Lake Oxheart i got from BarefootGardener earlier this spring. i should have some of those purple Indigo Rose tomatoes at the end of the summer if they produce anything after all this rain. ;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Vfem, I can't believe you're still growing those. I knew those seeds went to a good home. What about the watermelon. Are you still growing that?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I enjoy growing and talking about tomatoes but I don't really have any to show you . . .

I also have an interesting tomato from BareFootGardener: Pantano Romanesco. Tatiana's Tomatobase has it listed as an 80 day variety. I sure hope it is early enuf. Anything over 75 days makes me kind of flinch.

Gary O Sena went out there with some tiny fruits but I've thrown away the one that suffered from sunscald and should toss the split one, too. I did see that it looks like Rainy's Maltese will once again be my first beefsteak. Please! Don't start splitting!

The Maltese looks like it will have some competition from the new-t0-me University of New Hampshire yellow: Gold Dust. Tatiana says it is a "tangerine version of Taxi" but I have no experience with Taxi. I'd preferred them to call it "Tangerine Sweet" or something rather than naming it after a rock . . . I don't think that some horticulturalists even think about how many of the names they come up with are really off-putting. (That's my word for today: "off-putting" :p.)

Anyway, you will have to wait a few weeks before I've got anything near ripe to show you, V!

Steve
can't be tempted with either silver or gold

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
humm that is quite the tomato you have there v, wonder if there was a leak at the shearon harris power plant.... :hide

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes Mary! I sure do grow those orange watermelons still too! I would never waste an awesome gift like seeds. :) I just make more room when I get a whole lot of new ones.

:D

Yeah, this was odd, even for those kinds of tomatoes. I've always found some odd ones with the garden though, I don't think the kind ever really mattered, there was always one.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is one crazy looking mater V, all mine are still in the form of a bloom lol. We can keep this thread going and add our maters as they come in though...:)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Collector said:
That is one crazy looking mater V, all mine are still in the form of a bloom lol. We can keep this thread going and add our maters as they come in though...:)
I hope people do add all season!

I can't be the only one who would look at tomato pictures for HOURS while seed shopping anyways. I absolutely love the dev\irsity of tomatoes that are out there, beautiful, colorful and flavorful. LOVE TOMATOES!!!!

Latest posts