Show us your tomatoes!!!!

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
6255_todays_backyard_treasures.jpg

This was my morning collection, duck eggs too ;-)

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
headred - Nice and pretty!

farmerlor - Thats cool......... we need one of those :D

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That's why I call him "most wondrous man". I tell him I can't grow tomatoes here in this evil, cold, wind tunnel state and he builds me a micro-climate so I can have my beloved tomatoes. Gotta love this guy.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just have to say while growning tomatoes in the Pacific NW if the US is not an easy task ..I did it very well this year :) I know I started this thread with all my shameless bragging but honestly I have earned this! today I pulled my heirloom tomato plants and I have really had a great harvest of fantastic healthy tasty tomatoes! This is the first year I went for quality not quantity and focused on getting them to be great not just good ...I pruned, protected, talked to, sang to, companion planted around, burned candles ...and in the end .. No blight ..no disease ..tomatoes ripened on the plants ...wow ...seriously I only had six mature greenish tomatoes left in the heirloom bed ...that is it now ..no more flowers no babies no nothing they were finished! ...I have picked so many tomaotes and enjoyed not only eating them myself but sharing them with tomato loving family and friends....so for the heirlooms this was my last day of picking ...I put them in pans with some sweet onions roasted sweet and hot peppers and garlic ...some baby eggplants and broiled them ...they will become with my fresh garden herbs a very wonderful Middle Eastern fresh tomato relish (Persian salsa I call it!)

I can not believe this happened ..all but six of my heirloom tomatoes ripened on the vine :throw it was a wonderful harvest :weee

I have never ever had this happen so please know how exciting it is for me!

the San Marzano are still going strong so I am leaving those until they are finished I want them to turn the deepest red possible on the vines because that will define my sauce in the end :)

I am choosing me new beds for next year this week and going to work the soil with lots of eggshells and compost ...talk to it ..praise it ..and make a nice umbrella ...

I hope I can do even better next year

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
PS pardon me while I sprinkle a little coarse salt and eat this wonderful vine ripened

black krim yummmmmm
LOL! Sounds like you did a wonderful job this year. And I do believe I'll have myself a Black Krim right along side you. Aren't they the best? I keep thinking I need to narrow down the number of breeds of tomatoes that I plant but when I think about giving up my wonderful Caspian Pink, amazing Black Krim or fantastic Kellogg's Breakfast the whole brain shuts down.

Latest posts