Small Dinosaurs for Pest Control

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
9018_100_3278.jpg

This is one of the unknown species of Iguanadid Lizards that hang around my garden doing duty as pest controllers.

Everyonce in awhile one will nibble a cotyledon off to play with it. That's a small price for all the grubs they take care of. I kind of think they sometimes get one of my frogs too, but I'm lucky there too.

The Bigfoots are around here very quietly. The adult Bigfoots cover their tracks well, but their kids sometimes forget to. When I find small bigfoot footprints around my garden, I can be sure there will be more frogs. Bigfoot kids bring frogs to my garden at night.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I feel compelled to question your conclusion on the presence of Bigfoot in your immediate neighborhood. Or, suggest another explanation of their behavior in your garden if they are.

That guy, Patterson, who filmed his encounter with Bigfoot back in the '60's - well, I never met him. But, I was up in the mountains near the Klamath River the summer he made that film. I was doing some work for a Forest Service contractor building a road.

He was a real nice guy but really hard to read, if you know what I mean. His name was Bud Ryerson and both Bud and his wife were Hoopa Indians. They had a little camp trailer on Onion Lake.

Bud's wife, Vera, was as talkative as Bud was quiet but they were both real nice people. The little lake where they were camping had wild onions all around it. They grew just like a grass lawn.

Anyway, that Patterson guy wasn't the only person up there looking for Bigfoot. He had his entire cavalry! I felt kind of like we were under siege! You'd come around a corner on one of those little mountain roads and here was a couple of power wagons and people out with flags and surveying equipment and these people weren't associated with Bud. And, he was building the road!

At the end of the summer, Patterson came out with his film on Bigfoot. Mrs. Ryerson and I had talked a little about this Sasquatch creature and she didn't disbelieve its existence for a minute! She said that she only worried a bit because she was all alone at the camp while Bud was off with the crawler tractor and truck, miles away. She understood that the Bigfoots were interested in the onions at the lake.

Bud was an interesting guy. He wouldn't say anything while his wife talked about Bigfoot or when we ran across the film crew or whatever the heck those guys with Patterson were . . . He'd just look interested and kind of, play along. But, he really seemed dead serious about the subject.

Well, I came to associate Bigfoot with those wild onions and when I moved up here to the border, I'd go fishing on the Spokane. I mean, right on the border was a favorite fishing spot. It's all changed now but I'd walk into 1 state to cross the river so that I could walk back into the other state to fish. And, there were all these wild onions along the river there.

After I'd been here awhile, I learned Sasquatch were up here, too. Evidently they were so common that a local college had named their newspaper "The Spokane Sasquatch Times" and their sports teams: The Fighting Sasquatch! This only stood to reason because there were all these wild onions just a few miles up the river that would attract the Sasquatch.

Now, you tell me that you can't grow onions and you claim that it's a rodent that gets them. Yet, Bigfoots show up and leave things in your garden. Well, I can believe that one is true if the other is false. My thinking is that the Sasquatch are getting your onions or, they aren't around at all and there are other creatures leaving things in your garden.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp, I can't grow onions because these cute little Pocket Gophers, their fur is prettier than a Mink, or a Sable, (if there really is such a thing as a Sable), are really attracted to the aroma of them.

Yes, we do have wild onions up here, and to tell you the Indian name, you might not believe me! They are called Blue Dik. That is what the Pomo nation calls them. Not sure what they are called in Nomlaki or Wailaki Yuki, which turns out, because of a gal on facebook, to be the same language with just a few words different. This gal, a Yuki, is I guess, Nomlaki on one side of her family, and Wailaki on the other side, and lived way the heck back east, away from Round Valley. She remembered things her grandparents on both sides said. Recently on facebook she was communicating with them, did some studying, folks went to libraries and stuff, and they finally decided the 2 languages are the same. Nearly extinct, but the same.

The Yukis were here long before the Pomo. It may turn out that the Yukis were among the first mighration into North America. They were here when the Mammoths were. No points or tools for mammoth hunting are ever found near here. Supposedly maybe one near Napa. Wooly Mammoths would have made excellent food, and they could have hunted them, but did not.

Along comes other tribes taking the Yuki land. Yukis become upset eventually, and by the time europeans discover this place, Yukis were feared by all the other tribes.

The Yukis of old must certainly have known of the Bigfoots and their kids. I'm pretty sure that there was some kind of dynamic going on lost to history.They may have traded with the Bigfoot people. Wild Onions for Berri9es or something like that. But look at this. The Yuki people were robbed, beaten on, killed, and nearly destroyed as a people with a very real culture, by everyone who came to their land.

The Bigfoot people took another means to live as invaders arrived. ASSIDUOUSLY HIDING.

They are not good at hiding. They are perfect at hiding. There seems to be a new generation of Bigfoot people coming along. I suspect Bigfoots live a very long time, and have very long generations. These bigfoot kids, who knows, may be 35 years old or more, but still kids like 10 year olds. Their feet prints are almost my size, with 5 big toes, and definitely no claws. They have a very high arch.

Today my garden had a dark green frog in it. There were bright green frogs in the garden a week earlier. Beautiful dark green, with an almost brownish wide line along its back. Similar size as thge bright green ones.

I'm pretty sure Bigfoots do not get poison oak at all. They may even eat it!

I sure hope these Bigfoot kids are not orphans!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/9018_100_3278.jpg

This is one of the unknown species of Iguanadid Lizards that hang around my garden doing duty as pest controllers.

Everyonce in awhile one will nibble a cotyledon off to play with it. That's a small price for all the grubs they take care of. I kind of think they sometimes get one of my frogs too, but I'm lucky there too.

The Bigfoots are around here very quietly. The adult Bigfoots cover their tracks well, but their kids sometimes forget to. When I find small bigfoot footprints around my garden, I can be sure there will be more frogs. Bigfoot kids bring frogs to my garden at night.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
I Love Lizards!! We have all kinds of them around my garden.. They even love it when I spray water on them !! That lizard looks similar to the ones I have, My favorite kind doesnt have a name but I called it a whipped tail lizard, because he like to hit his tail back and forth! we have horned toads , geckos and some Gila monsters, :clap

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Desertlady, I'll try to get a photo of my Lizards with the Cobalt Blue tail.

They are called Western Blue Tailed Racer Skinks. Kids call them Blue Tails.

For all the world they look like someone, maybe the Bigfoot kids, got a can of metal flake cobalt blue spray paint and painted their tails.

I think someone should do a check to see if that is really how they get their blue tails. Bigfoot kids seem to have a good sense of humor. They may have been doing this since time immemorial.

Todd Prescott

Sprout
Reaction score
Marshall, I feel compelled to question your conclusion on the presence of Bigfoot in your immediate neighborhood. Or, suggest another explanation of their behavior in your garden if they are.

That guy, Patterson, who filmed his encounter with Bigfoot back in the '60's - well, I never met him. But, I was up in the mountains near the Klamath River the summer he made that film. I was doing some work for a Forest Service contractor building a road.

He was a real nice guy but really hard to read, if you know what I mean. His name was Bud Ryerson and both Bud and his wife were Hoopa Indians. They had a little camp trailer on Onion Lake.

Bud's wife, Vera, was as talkative as Bud was quiet but they were both real nice people. The little lake where they were camping had wild onions all around it. They grew just like a grass lawn.

Anyway, that Patterson guy wasn't the only person up there looking for Bigfoot. He had his entire cavalry! I felt kind of like we were under siege! You'd come around a corner on one of those little mountain roads and here was a couple of power wagons and people out with flags and surveying equipment and these people weren't associated with Bud. And, he was building the road!

At the end of the summer, Patterson came out with his film on Bigfoot. Mrs. Ryerson and I had talked a little about this Sasquatch creature and she didn't disbelieve its existence for a minute! She said that she only worried a bit because she was all alone at the camp while Bud was off with the crawler tractor and truck, miles away. She understood that the Bigfoots were interested in the onions at the lake.

Bud was an interesting guy. He wouldn't say anything while his wife talked about Bigfoot or when we ran across the film crew or whatever the heck those guys with Patterson were . . . He'd just look interested and kind of, play along. But, he really seemed dead serious about the subject.

Well, I came to associate Bigfoot with those wild onions and when I moved up here to the border, I'd go fishing on the Spokane. I mean, right on the border was a favorite fishing spot. It's all changed now but I'd walk into 1 state to cross the river so that I could walk back into the other state to fish. And, there were all these wild onions along the river there.

After I'd been here awhile, I learned Sasquatch were up here, too. Evidently they were so common that a local college had named their newspaper "The Spokane Sasquatch Times" and their sports teams: The Fighting Sasquatch! This only stood to reason because there were all these wild onions just a few miles up the river that would attract the Sasquatch.

Now, you tell me that you can't grow onions and you claim that it's a rodent that gets them. Yet, Bigfoots show up and leave things in your garden. Well, I can believe that one is true if the other is false. My thinking is that the Sasquatch are getting your onions or, they aren't around at all and there are other creatures leaving things in your garden.

Steve
Hi Steve - I would love to chat about your time back in 1967. You are welcome to email me at toddprescott@hotmail.com. I would especially be interested in seeing any photos you may have from that time. I'm also hoping find out more about Bud Ryerson and the Blue Creek Mountain prints that showed up back in August 1967. Thanks - TODD

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did respond to Todd.

There was almost nothing that I could add. Some of the problem was that it was such a long time ago but it wasn't so much of a memory thing. (Steve tells himself unconvincingly. ;)) I did forward a link to an obituary ...

This is certainly off-topic but I also related it to a genealogical search I had going on over the last few days. That involved a state genealogical society putting a 1983 newsletter on the internet. There was a lady claiming the same people who are supposedly my early 19th century ancestors! She requested information with her name and address. Not surprisingly, she died 7 years ago ... google told me ... :(

It is something of moot lead. You see, I also came across a recent post by someone who says that he has been trying to determine which of the 4 individuals with his surname had been the first to migrate to North America. His is an unusual name (& mine ;) and he felt that 1 of these individuals was his ancestor but the trail went dark as soon as he set foot in Maryland, I believe it was. Frustrating to him was that there was an actual book written in the 1930's about the family of one of the 4. You see, one of those grandchildren was a well-known member of the LDS church. I mean, it was all right there! If only he could claim that his was THIS family and NOT the person he suspected (and, who migrated almost 200 years later). He had been doing his research, he said, for 20 years!!!

Well ... I could share some news with him about something that is even more frustrating. My father's youngest brother engaged himself in a couple of years' research on our ancestors about 20 years ago. Those were the early years of the internet and he sent out a half dozen queries - even visiting some distant "cousins." I doubt if this guy was one of them. I know that Uncle wasn't sure about his conclusions because he told me. But, he got them out there in the e-world, drawing the connections with the LDS family. There they are --- set in stone, 20 years later. Through the miracle of the internet they have even SPREAD, in a major way! Without some remarkable research, maybe some DNA testing, and likely a HUGE measure of LUCK, there is no way of correcting the e-record if Uncle and I are really related to one of these other 4 that this guy has discovered. And, who is to say that this was the limit to that family's migration across the Atlantic.

Reality from Myth? Disinformation runs rampant in today's world. An orphan before the turn of the 20th century, I'm not sure that my grandfather even knew his grandfather's name. I didn't think to ask him when I was in 2nd grade and before he passed away ...

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts