SMILES, Part of our Family here

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea saw it. I didn't respond because others already got it.
marshallsmyth said:
CatJac, in the flowers or weeds topic is a photo of something that looks like a Daylily. Pretty sure anyway. What do you think? Probably not an Agapanthus. Too far north.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess I missed something? Sorry to hear about your illness Smiles. I won't say anything more about it.

I hope someone is keeping your garden going. If you can, go and sit out there for a little while and just rest and contemplate.

We care a lot about you!

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smiles, you are the greatest!!! Lots of hugs! Now go get some dirt on you in the garden. Take a jar of dirt /compost to the Dr's office and ask him to please put that in your chemo treatment! :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm of course going to send all the good vibes and faith I can muster for you to pull out of this with strength! I have no doubt you are strong enough to pull through, I just want you to keep smiling.

I'm helping my neighbor who is going through cancer treatment now herself, and our whole neighborhood pulled together. This community on TEG is going to do just that for you too!!!

:hugs

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks everyone.

I got outside for a little while this morning. Oh springtime is wonderful isn't it? I had a cup of coffee out by our lake and just listened to mother nature's finest songs. I even saw some wild turkeys in my field where I usually plant alfalfa for the critters. There were about 6 or 7 hens pecking their way over to the woods. One was snow white. I hope she makes it through hunting season that starts next week. When I was an avid hunter we always had an unwritten rule that nobody could ever kill any white animal. But these days it seems that that self imposed rule has gone by the wayside.

I looked in at my greenhouse and most of the plants have dried up and died due to lack of water but in one corner there are tall plants growing where the roof leaks. If I get to feeling better I'll get in there and salvage what I can and compost the rest.

Hey, I have an idea . . . as I mentioned to many of you who exchanged heirloom seeds with me this past fall and winter, I have a big jar of mixed heirloom tomato seeds that I would be happy to share with anyone interested. After I firmented them and dried them last fall I had them laying out to dry further in my barn. They were all carefully segregated according to type and placed on window screens to allow airflow. A coon or opossum did a dance on my screens one night and I found most of my precious seeds in a big pile on my workbench out there the next morning. A thousand or more. I scooped them up and put them in a Mason jar. Back in February I did some viability tests and had about an 95% germination rate so they are good seeds - I just don't know what kind of tomato each seed will produce. Anyway, PM me if you're interested in some mystery tomato seeds. They're all 100% pure heirloom and I have practiced "type" separation diligently for many years.

With a germination rate of anything above 80% it does not take many seeds to product lots of big juicy tomatoes.

I gotta go now - looking at the monitor screen makes me nauseous.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
God bless you, Smiles. You have one of the most positive attitudes on here anyway, and now in spite of your trials, you're still pressing on with that same uplifting attitude and such a good example to all of us. I didn't realize you were undergoing treatments for cancer. I must have missed that thread. I'll be praying for you. :hugs