smoking a green ham

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have the food network on the tube but watch nearly all the cooking shows on pbs :). Yay for Bridget and Julia!

Katie Brown related to Alton? One or two others on there I don't watch. Celebrating a celebrity, chef or otherwise, doesn't appeal to me much. I get a kick out New Scandinavian Cooking with the scenery and Andreas or Tina cooking "out there."

DS's gift is an order for that stove-top smoker that Simply Ming has used for salmon. I want that thing for peppers :)! Ming uses it with rice and tea. The rice just spreads the heat; the tea provides the smoke.

I have a feeling that anything more conventional than tea would work if it's as fine as pencil shavings. It seems a little bit of a shame that people work hard to grow and harvest that tea and then we burn it up? Still, I don't intend to mess things up with the peppers running twigs thru the smoker if that's not gonna work right.

Steve :)

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I watch a lot of "America's Test Kitchen". It does a good job of explaining the why of their recipes. PBS is the only access I have to the cooking shows. There are a few other over the air cooking shows, but who's watching TV at those times of the day?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are your dogs having ham for dinner or are making soup?

actually we are having potato skins tonight with fresh green onions from the garden...... think we will toss the last of the ham.....

Does any one watch "America's Test Kitchen" on PBS? I sure learn some interesting things on there. I like Alton Brown, too, to learn the science behind the cooking. But you have to look past his silliness.

i love watching alton brown he needs to do good eats again.....

Latest posts