Snake ALERT !

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Warning, if snakes make you week in the knees. Don't look ! Yesterday when DH was at the garden he looked over at the camper parked nearby and this bullsnake was exploring the camper door! He thinks it was about 4 foot long, I think it might have been longer.
20200524_152014.jpg

20200524_152041.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woah! I see the camper is snake proof, anyway. Big snakes are a shock to us mere humans, even if we know they are not going to bite us.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now if it had found a way in, that might have been really entertaining. :ep I've come across bull snakes a couple times in the wild. They are not poisonous, but they certainly let you know they are not happy - in no uncertain terms. One coiled up like a rattler & buzzed its rail against the ground, a pretty effective bluff when you don't have time to count spots.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was cutting grass today and scared a copperhead out of the mondo grass by the driveway. I asked DW if she had walked by that spot today and she said 2x. I do not know why, but over the years I have killed 5 copperheads in that same area, coming from my neighbors garden up the hill toward my parking area. I used him to fertilize the new roses.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Warning, if snakes make you week in the knees. Don't look ! Yesterday when DH was at the garden he looked over at the camper parked nearby and this bullsnake was exploring the camper door! He thinks it was about 4 foot long, I think it might have been longer. View attachment 35658
View attachment 35661

maybe i liked the heat soaked up and given off by that black strip? pretty snake! :)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if a bull snake would eat a copperhead. I gave a friend a couple of 5' black snakes that were eating chicken eggs. She was far enough away that I was comfortable they would not find their way home. She wanted them to eat rattlesnakes around her place. She'd seen a couple of rattlesnakes and was worried about her dogs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don’t like snakes being on our place, friendly or not. There is one in the garden, taking advantage of the cover provided by the lush weeds and grass. It’s a rat snake.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman we used to have a pop up camper. They DID find a ay in. DH opened it once to find one curled up on MY bed! And shed skins several places inside of it. I think they may have wintered over in it :( Needless to say the next time we took the camper out , every thing that touched me in the dark felt like a snake…. LOL

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don’t like snakes being on our place, friendly or not. There is one in the garden, taking advantage of the cover provided by the lush weeds and grass. It’s a rat snake.
I think there are plenty f them around the garden/lot. They eat RODENTS. So I am fine with that. Just want to see them 1st.