Snow, milk and Bread

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this was from last Februarys big blow we had and it was early in the evening when the dw took these photos
IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son called to say he was woke up at 2:30 yesterday morning by someone knocking at the door. It was a little boy with no shoes or coat, in 18 degree weather. Turns out his mom was working, and the baby sitter left after he fell asleep. He woke up to an empty house, and was going to try to go to grandma's. He walked a couple of blocks, apparently. And got lost. He is 5. He would have easily frozen to death out there!
Thank God he is safe. I could weep for the family in Tennessee who's 2 year old wandered away from the Grandma on a hike and was just fouled dead. A family's nightmare.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son called to say he was woke up at 2:30 yesterday morning by someone knocking at the door. It was a little boy with no shoes or coat, in 18 degree weather. Turns out his mom was working, and the baby sitter left after he fell asleep. He woke up to an empty house, and was going to try to go to grandma's. He walked a couple of blocks, apparently. And got lost. He is 5. He would have easily frozen to death out there!
Thank God for your son. Unbelievable that anyone would leave a 5 year old alone.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
If they do what they should, the babysitter could indeed go to jail and should. Poor little guy...but tough as nails, apparently.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat he didn't wandered away from grandma, he was tiring to find her after babysitter left him alone.
The tennessse boy wandered away on a hike. As a Grandma that watches 2-3 boys every week I watch them more carefully than I even did my own. Sometimes they run in different directions and I must chase the 3 year old and hope the 5 year old will follow the rules regarding safety. Having plenty of land is a blessing regarding safety. Having a couple NEAR injuries takes it's tole. I cannot imagine such a terrible outcome.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can remember a friend of mine years ago. She had a terrible drunken neighbor who used to drop off a child for a few minutes and sometimes not come back for days. The crazy woman once left the child at my friend's house when there was a babysitter at home-not my friend. I don't think she reported her figuring at least the women did not leave the child alone. Don't remember the details-the hose was full of criminal activity and eventually the family was gone.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Massive, deadly blizzard roars up the East Coast

I think, in this day of false drama, that people have really forgotten what the words "massive" and "deadly" truly mean. I remember snows that covered our eaves on the house and we had to dig a hole to slide down into the home and climb up out of it. Two feet of snow is neither massive nor deadly, IMO. :rolleyes:

Latest posts