1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Canning Question - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

So hot...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AMKuska, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Jun 13, 2019
    AMKuska

AMKuska Garden Addicted

It's 90 degrees here in Tacoma area. My daughter has been meatloafing around the house in various miserable positions. My son is oblivious and wants to go to the park and run 100 laps around it. x.x

Is it hot where you are? How are you surviving?

20190612_050338434_iOS.jpg

2. Jun 13, 2019
    Gardening with Rabbits

Gardening with Rabbits Garden Addicted

It was in the 80s here today. We had a few days of 80s the end of May and June 1st. I did not handle it very well and then we cooled way off into even 60s, so today was rough on me. I felt odd. I drank some apple juice and then a glass of water with sea salt and and apple cider vinegar and went to town and felt better the rest of the day. I might have been getting dehydrated. I am in Idaho, close to Spokane, Washington. It is supposed to be 88 tomorrow.

Collector likes this.
  3. Jun 13, 2019
    dickiebird

dickiebird Garden Addicted

Here in eastern Mo it was 75 today with some afternoon rain.
    Tomorrow the forecast is for a high of 73 and clear.
    Great weather for a change!!!

THANX RICH

4. Jun 13, 2019
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

raining again today and not likely to get far above 60. not supposed to be that hot this week yet, mid-70s next week. thank goodness we're due for some sunshine tomorrow. hope it comes through.

do you have a small fan?

5. Jun 13, 2019
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

A morning in the 50's after yesterday's high 80's afternoon. It may not even come close to dropping into those plant growth-inhibiting 40's before sunrise!

This afternoon's thermometer may show 90° ...

I have the big exhaust fan in the South Window and it's on HIGH. DW likes to open as many windows as possible but I point out that if the windows close to that exhaust fan are open, they will have most of the intake of cool air and the other areas of the house will have little.

Woosh! I understand that the breeze coming in the kitchen window right now is a little extreme ... maybe I should temper that a little by lifting some other windows ;).

Steve
    planning on an early start in garden this AM

6. Jun 13, 2019
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Garden Master

A cold front came through. Down here this time of the year a cold front usually means the air is a little drier but the temps actually dropped a little. Morning low actually got into the 60's, barely. Today's high is only forecast for 88. It will be sunny and the dew point is only 63. That's actually quite pleasant for us. In a couple of days conditions will have returned a lot closer to normal but we should get enough scattered thunderstorms to help keep us a little cooler. I can use the rain too. Dew point below 70 is considered nice down here. A bit different from yours, Steve.

How do we survive? Air conditioning and we spray for mosquitoes. Houses used to be built with high ceilings and ceiling fans but with AC we can build more "normal" houses.

7. Jun 13, 2019
    Rhodie Ranch

Rhodie Ranch Garden Master

over 100 in Southern OR the last two days. Today its forecasted to be 96. YOu and I are on the same heat front.

8. Jun 13, 2019
    ninnymary

ninnymary Garden Master

The last 2 days it was 100 here. No one has AC. Fortunately we are back to normal at 72.

Mary

9. Jun 13, 2019
    Gardening with Rabbits

Gardening with Rabbits Garden Addicted

I can't LIKE your post of 100 and no AC, so will say just glad it cooled off there. I wonder what our summer is going to be like.

ninnymary and ducks4you like this.
  10. Jun 13, 2019
    moxies_chickienuggets

moxies_chickienuggets Garden Addicted

How old is your son? When I lived down on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, with 3 kids...NO a/c....We would do anything we could think of to stay cool. One fun thing was fill up a kiddie pool with water, pour in some baby shampoo....gotta have the bubbles....and let them have at it.
    Or, squirt guns. The baby would like the bubbles, that you blow. Add some watermelon chunks to slurp ....they can wash up in the kiddie pool. After that, we would either have a very late supper....9 pm....and then they would happily go to sleep.
    I would also spray down the bed sheets with cold water mist.