So hot...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 90 degrees here in Tacoma area. My daughter has been meatloafing around the house in various miserable positions. My son is oblivious and wants to go to the park and run 100 laps around it. x.x

Is it hot where you are? How are you surviving?

20190612_050338434_iOS.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was in the 80s here today. We had a few days of 80s the end of May and June 1st. I did not handle it very well and then we cooled way off into even 60s, so today was rough on me. I felt odd. I drank some apple juice and then a glass of water with sea salt and and apple cider vinegar and went to town and felt better the rest of the day. I might have been getting dehydrated. I am in Idaho, close to Spokane, Washington. It is supposed to be 88 tomorrow.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here in eastern Mo it was 75 today with some afternoon rain.
Tomorrow the forecast is for a high of 73 and clear.
Great weather for a change!!!

THANX RICH

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
raining again today and not likely to get far above 60. not supposed to be that hot this week yet, mid-70s next week. thank goodness we're due for some sunshine tomorrow. hope it comes through.

do you have a small fan?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A morning in the 50's after yesterday's high 80's afternoon. It may not even come close to dropping into those plant growth-inhibiting 40's before sunrise!

This afternoon's thermometer may show 90° ...

I have the big exhaust fan in the South Window and it's on HIGH. DW likes to open as many windows as possible but I point out that if the windows close to that exhaust fan are open, they will have most of the intake of cool air and the other areas of the house will have little.

Woosh! I understand that the breeze coming in the kitchen window right now is a little extreme ... maybe I should temper that a little by lifting some other windows ;).

Steve
planning on an early start in garden this AM

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A cold front came through. Down here this time of the year a cold front usually means the air is a little drier but the temps actually dropped a little. Morning low actually got into the 60's, barely. Today's high is only forecast for 88. It will be sunny and the dew point is only 63. That's actually quite pleasant for us. In a couple of days conditions will have returned a lot closer to normal but we should get enough scattered thunderstorms to help keep us a little cooler. I can use the rain too. Dew point below 70 is considered nice down here. A bit different from yours, Steve.

How do we survive? Air conditioning and we spray for mosquitoes. Houses used to be built with high ceilings and ceiling fans but with AC we can build more "normal" houses.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How old is your son? When I lived down on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, with 3 kids...NO a/c....We would do anything we could think of to stay cool. One fun thing was fill up a kiddie pool with water, pour in some baby shampoo....gotta have the bubbles....and let them have at it.
Or, squirt guns. The baby would like the bubbles, that you blow. Add some watermelon chunks to slurp ....they can wash up in the kiddie pool. After that, we would either have a very late supper....9 pm....and then they would happily go to sleep.
I would also spray down the bed sheets with cold water mist.

Latest posts