So, how was your day?

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I miss the random talk that everyone does on BYC....and this might get everyone a little more comfortable with other members.

I'll start. It rained all day, again. It was so stormy that the Hubby didn't get to go deer hunting, poor thing. And the kids return to school tomorrow from their Christmas break.

So, Honey, how was YOUR day? :)

Ron

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Got up at 5:30 a.m. Taught French to high schoolers all day, went home and fed chickens, gathered eggs, cut a beautiful head of black seeded Simpson lettuce, pulled a couple of carrots, got a few leaves of perfect chard, made a big salad and ate it! Not a bad at all!

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
oooh, chard! I'm envious. All my chard is in the freezer right now and no chance of fresh until May.

My day was gross. I helped my husband butcher 23 roosters left from the straight runs we ordered in April. Yuck! We ate vegetarian last night :)

It's pure ice around here in WI, so it's perfect for kids skating to the bus stop, having ice races with chunks of ice down our hills and for me to strap on my metal-claw-enhanced snowshoes anytime I go anywhere.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just woke up my 6-yr-old to get her ready for school and the first words out of her mouth were:

"Daddy, I love you"

I guess my day can't get any better than that:D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I've been up and down since 7:30am. Finally got my daughter up who's been really ill for the last week. She's been super cuddly with me because of it though. I like that part.

Fed the chickens, ducks, dog, cat and baby. Then COFFEE!

We have terrible thunderstorms rolling in here soon, so trying to get in some computer time now before I have to shut everything down.

Ron

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
me&thegals, sounds lovely up there, but I don't know if I could do without my year-round gardening! I love getting fresh produce out of the garden, esp. in the winter.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ron--It IS wonderful up here! I live in among rolling hills and bluffs--lots of wildlife, birds, coyotes, deer, a few wolves even now. If you live here, though, you just have to find something to enjoy about winter. I'm so lucky to have a woodstove, xx-skis and snowshoes, plus sleds for sledding with the kids.

I am envious of yearround gardening, but I have to say that I appreciate the hibernation of winter to rest up for summer, which seems to have about 28 hours' worth of work every day!

Beavis--what a sweet way to start the day! I just love it when my kids spontaneously give me a hug or say something sweet :love

sunnychooks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today was the first day my business was closed for the winter! WoooHooo!!! :celebrate
I have a dog boarding kennel and I spent the morning with MY dogs. Then I had a dog food delivery (close to 1/2 ton!).
It rained like crazy here all day and the dogyard flooded but my dogs had a great time splashing around then jumping on me!!!
The chickens didn't seem to mind the downpour, the sheep didn't seem to notice, but the GOATS. OMGosh!!! You'd think they would melt in the rain! :lol:
I spent the afternoon doing house stuff... laundry, dishes, cleaning... all the things I have no time for when the kennel is open. I even hung a couple of pictures. It feels good to look around the house and see it so nice.
Then it was out to the kennel again, close up the chicken coop and give the sheep and goats their nightly vanilla wafers (their favorites).
In all, it was a good day. :)

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I had a very nice day. My father lives with me and is disabled due to a stroke. I had a sitter come in and sit with him for 6 hours. She does this once a week. So my hubby took part of the day off work to be with me. This is our time. We visited a new Marvin's building supply store and I picked out the stain that I want to use on our chicken coop. I'm excited about the project. Now, I'm just waiting on a warmer, sunny day.

A friend dropped in for a visit! It thrilled me to have her come by and I really do treasure my friends. :D

I had a great day!

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It was warm and sunny here in So Cal. A perfect day to be outside. I got up around 5:30and started my day with coffee and e mail. Went through the usual routine. Breakfast for the kids, make beds, do laundry, dishes etc.. Got the kids to school returned for another cup of joe and some SS forum catch up. Spent the day out in the yard. I finished off a door for my cold frame. It turned out pretty good. Moved my seedlings in. They seem happy.

3pm pick up from school, homework, dinner, dishes, laundry, showers and a bit more time on the computer.

Tomorrow I will do it all again. :D

Latest posts