So, how was your day?

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Ameracanas have started to lay eggs and they are green.

Spring term at Cal State San Marcos started up again and it looks like my two night classes on education will be a breeze! (Second career-teaching credential)

My winter gardens look great!

And finally, the rains are a coming!

Today is a good day!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
I hate to say it, Rosalind, but I'm happy to hear you have that problem, too! ;) I have never heard of anyone else having their drain lines freeze up besides us. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because it's supposed to get into the 40s here, and if I pour boiling water down the drain, it will clear out the ice & I can do some laundry. Been waiting about 2 weeks!
:barnie Ours are still frozen and unlikely to defrost for the next two weeks. :he Oh, my arms hurt from wringing things out. A lot.

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
simple life said:
I got 2 new chickens at the New England Poultry Congress on saturday and they are absolutely gorgeous.
I have been trying to get a pair of high quality Blue laced red wyandottes for quite a while and I found them at this show.
When you go to these shows you can really see the difference between the hatchery stock and the breeder stock. There is nothing wrong with hatchery stock at all but walking around these shows you can not imagine how beautiful these birds are.
You just want to pick them all up and take them home.
What is the cost of purchasing chickens via a poultry show?
I know you would get show quality chickens, but I have no idea what the going rate is.
I will get a few of mine that way for sure... as I love going to Poultry/Ag shows, etc.... but< i have never asked to purchase one from there..

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm going to start breeding some chickens and I'm hoping for some show quality birds. We'll let the kids start showing for 4-H and see how that goes to start with.
Today is warm and it makes me want to plant. Yesterday it was nearly 70 in January, in Colorado.....just makes you want to warm up the tiller and get started but I know there's more blizzard activity coming.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have had better days actually. Had some oops breedings with my goats and all the does have delivered. 7 kids born, 5 survived, it gets me down when I lose some.

I did manage to get my garden seeds ordered from Pinetree today.

Nancy

Latest posts