So is it Broth or Stock

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you have seen what was on the chicken feet ... that is the same stuff that one puts in your garden as compost or fertilizer, mixes it in with the existing soil, gets it all over ones' hands, shoes, clothes and feet. Oh, and don't forget the addition of worm doo doo and an addition of other micro organisms' as well as insect pests' and beneficial insects 'doo doo . Plants their veggies, trees, etc. and when it is time to harvest eats a test bite or two or three right then and there and then washes the rest of the harvested crop, eats it raw or cooked. So, what is the diference between them except by not using the chicken feet you will be throwing out tons of nutritious broth and/ or stock ? Anything that was once on the chicken legs has been washed off, boiled off several times long before you made a valuable and nutritous food item ! Same thing only more rich and concentrated nutrients than in the store bought packaged stock . :idunno

I understand what you're saying, and I'll even say you're right. But - after it's been in my garden, along with the worms and other micro organisms and insects, I can't smell it. Nor can I see it. Just like I can't see the "doo doo" of the worms, insects and other life out there. I can wipe that carrot off on my jeans so it's not gritty, and it doesn't smell like chicken poop. I can't wipe a chicken foot off on my jeans and get it clean enough to eat... I'm pretty sure by the time I got done bleaching them, all the healthy benefits of the chicken feet would be gone.

bobbi-j

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How about dropping them in the washing machine with some oxi-clean? :gig
Well, it would be better than putting them in anything I cook my food in! :sick (I could bleach the washer afterward to make sure it got clean.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

That's a dehydrated shiitake mushroom in the middle of the garlic, onions, celery, & carrots.

I guess I didn't think how much roasting would shrink the veggies. This seemed right for about 4 cups of water - if there was a steak bone to go with them. That is, it seemed that way before they had spent about 40min in the oven. I went ahead and put them together with a quart of water and a bay leaf. We'll taste in 90 more minutes.

Boiling. Sure smells good.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tried making bone broth last night. I bought 3 knuckle (?) bones at the grocery store. Not cheap! Roasted for 20 min and then into the crock pot they went.

12 hours later and the bones are still hard. But it did smell good all night long every time I woke up. Maybe I used the wrong type of bones.....

Latest posts