So Many Cooking Blogs!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where is the index?? Must I always use a general search engine like Google? Do you have suggestions?

Here is what I found, yesterday: TasteSpotting

Right now it has goofy Halloween stuff but Type your Garden Ingredient into search and, away you go! Page after page of lovely dishes which include that ingredient. By the way, it always claims that there are 34 but that is per page and even if it doesn't find your favorite variety, or something.

How is it different from Allrecipe? It searches blogs not what is submitted by members, useful as that is. How is it different from Yummly? Don't know. That website is one that insists that I use their mobile app. Haven't done it.

Steve

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I always just type ingredients (or dishes) into google, which leads to a variety of web sites and blogs. And then one blog leads to another blog, to another website, and when I finally find something I want to try, I need to write it down, bookmark it, print it, or .....something, because if I navigate away, I never seem to be able to retrace my path.
Off to check out recipes for Finnish pancakes....

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get my hopes up when I find a new recipe, but am almost always disappointed with the result. I don't know if it's just me, or if there are, as I suspect, a plethora of mediocre recipes out there.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the recipes that have a lot of rated reviews. You can get a feel for the recipe that way. If it's one that everyone has modified then it was usually a mediocre one. I just found a good buttermilk pie crust recipe on line. I had to print it out so I can keep it as a regular. No more cheating with store bought crusts!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a Pinterest addict. You need to sign up to use it, but it has a search function specifically for recipes.
Oh really?
Just for recipes ..? I have a Pinterest account which began when my DD was house hunting and I was encouraging her to not just buy a split-level somewhere and call it good enuf. I was hoping she would have a house built. Of course, you know what she did ...

I've recently been exploring new house ideas for DW and me. Now, I will need to overcome DW's resistance and her, "I luv my little house!" :rolleyes:

I don't really think of myself as all that much of a visual person. Still, image search is useful. I'm sure that there are mediocre photographers who are outstanding cooks and vice versa. Still, I bet that care in both realms tend to go together.

Besides, seeing the dish is a quick, "What's Thaaat?!" Then, one can focus on the similar.

Imagine a guy who has done like 2 things with parsnips being exposed to some ideas of the professionally trained. Here's another like that:

http://www.tastespotting.com/search/Celery+root/1

! Steve

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a Pinterest addict. You need to sign up to use it, but it has a search function specifically for recipes.
dw is a big pinterest recipe hunter for dinner ideas, so far most have been good and then a few have been 1-800- dominos..... have found many good ideas for dinner as well on there.....

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It can be a little hit & miss. Honestly, the best money I've spent is on a Cooks Country membership. I've never made a recipe I haven't liked. But now that it's up to $35, I'm thinking I might need to just by the cookbook.

Latest posts