So much passion in such a small body.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my sister has a neighbor somewhere nearby that plays the bagpipes in the afternoons during the week and on and off during the weekend days. he plays very well when i was visiting her one day. but imagine someone just starting out on those is not always nice to hear no matter how far away you are. :confused:

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now, being a parent is doing some work and a four year old shouldn't be working the Mom over whims and fancies. Mom has to have boundaries. ... and a glass of ice tea, now and then. Oh, I don't envy you the noise ;) but it shouldn't last forever.

Steve

He can actually make really clear, pretty notes on the violin. I tried and the thing sounded like fingernails on a chalkboard with me. Guess I don't have the touch! I'd really like to know where he learned about violins though. He really hasn't had much access to the musical world. None of our family is into classical music, and while I do listen to 2cellos...they're not violins. Weird huh?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those that learn music have a tendency to be excellent in math and sciences. ABC's will come, no big deal. He already has 2 traits that will make him successful in life.
1). He knows what he wants.
2). He is willing to work for it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amkuska that is such an awesome story! I've been impressed with him when all I knew was his gardenability :). And you are an exceptional mother.

The fiddle is one of my favorite instruments in bluegrass music, and I love it's classical use too. Dh and I like to watch Song of the Mountains where they highlight a couple of bluegrass bands on each program. The last show of the season was a young man, who was 9 years old at the time the program was taped, a violinist who was absolutely amazing. His name is Carson Peters, you could google him and see what you might have living under your roof too!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Four is pretty amazing. That he is so passionate about a violin is beyond amazing. Violin or no violin, your little boy is a treasure.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
A beautiful story to warm my heart! I tell parents to always encourage any passions children exhibit. My daughters started taking piano lessons at age 4. Their teacher was a gifted pianist. Her mother had been a professional pianist and I asked her once what age her daughter had started playing. She said at age 2 her idea of playing was sitting at the piano all day.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stories like this make it easy to believe his little soul was last in the body of a great violinist somewhere.
It seems natural for a kid to want to do what he sees his parents or siblings do, but I'm willing to bet no one in your family plays the violin.
I'm glad you took him seriously when he was so insistent.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, no one plays. No one that he has been around is musical at all.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good for you, @AMKuska , and GRAND for him!

Learning music is so great for developing concentration skills, especially at such a young age. His great passion will get him over the hurdles easily. I hope his interest just continues to grow and you can find people in your area to help him.

True musical talent, I think, is a gift you are born with.... just needs the fine tuning. I'm glad you recognized his passion. I, too, applaud your values to teach him responsibility at an early age. Unfortunately there are too many parents that can't seem to figure that out.

Latest posts