So when does the light go out

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 we are delighted to have you here with us. I think it’s awesome that you are in the UK and we can compare gardening knowledge. You ask any questions you have and we will answer the best we can.
I really appreciate your welcome, you make me feel so comfortable here :hugs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Common sense must have gone down the drain. All I am seeing is complete chaos and hearing confusing information.
Who, has been worrying me too. Just as worrying I've put this reply in the wrong place ,it was meant for @Beekissed . So I replied too myself :duc because firstly my dog would not leave me alone to reply and then my dear old friend called, whom I would never refuse too answer. Still a learner driver here on this site, I hope you all understand. :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who, has been worrying me too. Just as worrying I've put this reply in the wrong place ,it was meant for @Beekissed . So I replied too myself :duc because firstly my dog would not leave me alone to reply and then my dear old friend called, whom I would never refuse too answer. Still a learner driver here on this site, I hope you all understand. :)

No worries....we don't usually care about such things. ;) We laugh at each other and ourselves all the time about it all. Can't wait until you get to see some of the north vs. south conversations....highly entertaining and laugh worthy!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried a a digital clock once they are a nightmare, even my Dyson cooling fan light turned on too night time would keep me awake. Guessing I'm just weird.

Nah...a lot of people like that. I found an alarm clock that has silent ticks! :D Battery operated, silent until needed. Love it! I don't NEED silence to sleep but I sure do like my quiet while in bed. It all helps.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Even that much light can decrease melatonin uptake, disrupting sleep patterns and also decreasing immune, endocrine and nerve function. Think about all the people who regularly sleep with digital clocks, cell phones, night lights, etc. on in their rooms and about the house that cause too much light for melatonin uptake. You were right to get rid of it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4334454/

The only light I allow in my room at night is that put out by the stars and moon. I like silence and darkness when I sleep, so I make sure it happens.
Thanks @Beekissed will be looking up foods with melatonin. 3 hours is just not enough sleep.

Latest posts