Social Security

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule Agree. We went with plan G. Only difference is a $189 deductible (once that is met, same as Plan F) and much cheaper premium. We are fortunate to have an excellent guide there. The drug plan takes a decent amount of time for wife as she is on expensive drugs. Our portion is more than I used to make per year.

Fort Wayne is OK. But local one at Auburn has a rep for being anti social-found out AFTER going. Yes, they have to have a armed guard. I’ve reported them. They are safe. I can tell true stories of their incompetence.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have only been to the local SS office a couple times that I remember, both time with a client whose anxiety did not lessen thanks to the cold and dictatorial manner that was used with my emotionally disturbed client. I think there was also a metal detector at the door, if memory serves me.
When I got ready to collect SS, I signed up on line. Also for Medicare. No muss, no fuss. No one glaring at me.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, I’m retired. Sign up, all is easy. Visiting with these people is like talking to the 3 stooges....... I’ve talked to 2 different places (one local office and on phone to national) 2 completely different answers. Both stating the other one is wrong. Meanwhile trying to figure out, mine, spousal, when each needs to vs has to sign up, amounts. IF our government people had to use SS, it would be fixed. Since they have their own gravy train-that is a perk to them-they could care less. If the crazies of the world see the need to kill innocent school children, church goers, etc, do some good and start with Washington DC Congress....... End of rant!
Oh Dear, sorry you are having these problems. DH and I got signed up quick and easy, Everyone we talked to here where very helpful.

Latest posts