Soil for Raised Bed

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think the way it goes is, California has the most bovines, beef cattle added to dairy cows.

Oh yes, california cows are very happy. Ask Clo.

Maybe a few folks know Clo the cow. NinnyMary? Digit?

Clo you see, is out-standing in her field

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I feel that I should know Clo the cow but I don't. It's not the one on the elmer's glue bottle is it?

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Marshall, I feel that I should know Clo the cow but I don't. It's not the one on the elmer's glue bottle is it?

Mary
Nope, Elmer is a male - no bull - turned glue who is supposedly related to Elsie, the cow, who was the logo for Borden's Dairy. Never quite sure if they were tied by blood or by marriage, but Borden made the first white wood-glue.

Could Chloe be that hard-headed bossy who's always trying to skip our cold Wisconsin weather and get to California in the commercials?

A few years ago, California was the top dairy state. It stole those bragging rights from "American's Dairyland" back in the late 90's (I believe). Wisconsin had to be content with making the most cheese products in the USA for several years. It would seem Wisconsin is back on top again. . . and thanks to our rural dairy-aire we have plenty of manure once again.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
yum....... rib eyes

but still love a good smoked boston butt any day
slowly smoked over apple wood with cole slaw hush puppies and some beans with a big glass of sweet tea
dang scratch that idea it's going to be raining this weekend

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
NinnyMary, it is in your subconscious...really :)

Clo the cow is an advertisement for Clover milk.

There have been those large signs along highways with Clo the cow and cool little slogans like Clo, out-standing in her field.

Now, many large highway advertising signs have folks who want them removed, but I've never heard of anyone complaining at all about Clo the Cow signs.

You've likely seen one or more of them. There are only a few. One is just north of the turnoff to Penngrove up 101, north of Petaluma...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I just went to Petaluma for feed this past weekend. Gotta pay more attention next time.

Smart red, I remember Borden's milk!

Btw, aren't we supposed to be talking about soil for a raised bed? :D :rolleyes:

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like to think of the topics as EVOLVING rather than getting hijacked :p

:throw

Latest posts