Solar path lights

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alrighty! It's been up and working for 6 months. I'm JUST starting to notice a little bit of loss of brightness. It's on A LOT since the dog, cats and chickens set it off several times in the early morning and early evening. If it were in an area where it would get less use - maybe along a sidewalk instead of in the middle of a yard - it would certainly last longer. I figure that I can probably make it well into the winter before having to change the batteries - so maybe 8months on a single set, with lots of use.
I have several different kinds of solar/motion lights around the yard and ALL have stopped being effective within a few months.
I'm thrilled with this little light and have already ordered a 2nd one. At less than $15 each - I plan to get SEVERAL more. Since it's not solar, I plan to put a couple up inside the barn too.

Glad they are working out for you! I love ours, I have 2 to put on tree trunks for the winter.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son is talking about running water to different parts of the yard. . garden, pond, garden shed. . . and I'm hoping he will let me run electricity along with the water lines. I'd love to have lighting around the yard for so many reasons.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Red if you want to light up every square foot of your yard do it. The only one you need to please is yourself. If lights will make you happy then do it. I am so glad I can do what ever I wish no discussion. last week I decided I do not want another winter of digging out car early morning. I want a garage will build a garage.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going back to an old thread because I promised an actual review.
It's been over a year I've changed the batteries (three C in each) twice... so something like $15 to operate for over a year.
I've not been able to get pictures that do justice to the brightness and coverage that these little guys provide. So here's the best I can do (for anyone who's interested)
mr beams coverage.jpg

The big X is the tree where the two lights are mounted.
I can come out the back door and just as I reach the edge of what the back porch light covers, I hit the area to trigger the motion sensor AND the edge of the light coverage from the first light. It lights up the space between the house and chicken coop bright enough for me to avoid fallen branches (or dog poo..) on the ground and to work the latch on the chicken pen. Because the chicken coop door blocks the light a little, it only dimly lights up the inside of the coop - but well enough for me to count heads and even collect eggs.
When I leave the coop and walk along the side of the chicken pen, I set off the second light that clearly lights up the area between the chicken pen and the barn. There is a motion light on the side of the barn that goes on just about the time I reach the edge of the what the 2nd light covers. I have set off that 2nd light from the driveway a few times, so they have a HUGE sensitivity area for the motion detection. That is, however, a bit far for it to throw effective light though.
I've just ordered 2 more to put on the tree in the driveway circle so that I will have light when I get home late to get to the yard gate or into the barn.
LOVE these little lights! You really can't beat the coverage and battery life for such a small price.

Latest posts