Solar path lights

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... the owner lived in a condo and shared the ceiling with a neighbor above, running wiring was really difficult. The answer was installing an additional hard wired electrode that sends a signal to a switch on the wall and the switch doesn't even need batteries to send the on circuit and off circuit signal
I saw that, too. The signal has to work with some electricity! I was wondering if just the physical movement of the switch would create sufficient electricity to power the signal ...

I think You are Right, Ducks'. These innovations are making everything more energy efficient and moving us towards alternatives to the gross power generation models used for over a century. I can so easily remember the complaints about fluorescent. I don't mean the compact spirals. I mean the tubes that went in the new supermarkets and on signs. They all need improvements, yes. And, the patents locking in high prices do lock out low income people.

frug ... fugue ... oh, squeak!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you ask? What did he say?

It's a Thorfire clip on for a ball cap. He's been very satisfied with it.
He does the horses in the driveway and I have the garage door open with all the lights on so it's not pitch dark, but I noticed how well it illuminates the hoof as he works. So it's bright enough for detailed work and would probably be good also for lighting your path as you walk.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok. The Mr. Beams spotlight has been up for a few days.
That thing is BRIGHT! It is temporarily 'mounted' on a tiki torch holder so it's only about 4' off of the ground. But it lights up a circle about 10' wide.
It's very sensitive and picks up every little motion.... but it's also very low to the ground right now. I plan to move it much higher and mount to a tree trunk this weekend.
Now... to see how long the batteries last with my dogs turning it on every few mins between dusk and dinnertime.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, expect a full review first time you have to replace the batteries.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Wifey brought home a couple self contained Photo voltaic light, $10.00 each, I haven't mounted them yet but I took one outside last night, surprisingly bright, a large voltaic pack.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 150