Some of my new daylilies for you to see

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Positively beautiful Cat! Are these all from your breeding? I noticed that the pure yellow one has 7 petals, is that an oddity? I always figured daylilies as having only 6 petals.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's becoming a business. That is not the fun part for me, but if I want to buy more breeders my husband wants me to sell some. We are close to having a website. He had his 2nd knee replacement 3 weeks ago so I have not made too big a push for sales but the business is slowly growing.
MontyJ said:
They're beautiful Cat! Is this a business venture or do you just love Daylilies?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is just my husband and myself. He builds the beds and tries to keep me from spending us into bankruptcy. No, not on clothes and jewels, ON DAYLILIES. Have to have good breeders to get good cultivars! I have learned to restrain myself. Yes they are all my original seedlings. Normally daylilies have 3 petals and 3 sepals. The sepals are the smaller petals. I have a white with 5 petals and 5 sepals. I have bred it repeatedly so I have many now. They are called polys or polymerous. They are more rare. The yellow does have the extra petal These are first year seedlings so only time will tell if this trait holds true. The first yellow with the eye is a poly too. I don't remember if the other blooms had the extra petal. Thanks for the positive feedback. Always nice to get approval from other plant lovers. I have been invited to be in the garden tour next year. Lots of work but fun to show off. It will help the business take off too.
thistlebloom said:
Positively beautiful Cat! Are these all from your breeding? I noticed that the pure yellow one has 7 petals, is that an oddity? I always figured daylilies as having only 6 petals.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous! It's like a page in a magazine. Your home is lovely too.

I decided a few weeks ago that I need to plant more lilies. :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow Cat you've really got something special there. Your deck in the 2nd picture has gotta be a great place to sit and take it all in at. What a view!

When you get the website up PLEASE post it here? Ill be ordering for sure.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Stunning! I especially like the apricot colored double or triple. Whatever it is. It is really beautiful!

I hope that your business takes off for you. I like it when I hear stories of people opening a business just by doing what they love and then it evolves. :thumbsup