Some pictures today.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Ron, your greenhouse sure makes for some wonderful diffused lighting for taking pictures of your plants. They're so vivid!
:thumbsup

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The lighting is a result of that Polyfilm. It is designed to let in the UV. Tonite I have the temps up to 82 F. I went ahead and moved my older Epiphyllum out there today.

No harm intended Beth, you will be a library of information one day and your experiencing the thought you might miss one. I would always forget or miss a name for a long time and I remember how that felt. We don't mind repeating what things are for you, just ask! :love

The Kalanchoe was just a single sprig in a coffee mug from one of my College Professors. I graduated with my first Associates Degree in 2006. She could not remember what color it was :hu

So now 2009 going to 2010, this plant has matured nicely. I read that it requires 13 hour daylight only for about a month and it should trigger a bloom. We are at about 10 now, so I have my fingers crossed.

This is what Kalanchoe will look like potentially:
Kalanchoe.jpg

kalanchoe-flower.jpg

You are probably right about the desert air and heat of summer causing this tight bushy effect. If it bolts with flowers I am sure the stems will lengthen.

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
calm down Louise, geez!

1)snapdragons/roses, epiphyllum, epiphyllum, kalanchoe, lisianthis

2)geranium/ chrysanthemum

3)rose/ snapdragons

4)snapdragons!

5) kalanchoe (my imaginary money's on pink!)

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my pink kalanchoe looks similar, maybe not quite as compact but close and its getting ready to bloom now. it also blooms in the early spring.

Latest posts