Somehow, It's Funny that Way

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have gone through multiple can openers in my life and it seems they never last very long. This one has been so wonderful! No moving parts. I'm on like year 8 using it regularly. I bought one for each of my kids.

Attachments

• IMG_20230103_162536170_HDR_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20230103_162536170_HDR_640x480.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 67

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Phaedra , our weather has moved from -10f (-23C) 2 weeks ago to just below freezing overnight in what is our average coldest week of the year 🙃. The snow in the yard is only in shady areas where it has not melted during our very occasional sunny days.

Yesterday was one of those days and there was a fly on the deck. He only moved a little when my own shade interfered with his wanting to be in the sun. I am inclined to call these snow flies but searching online suggests that this common name usually applies to something else. Anyway, I don't see even one of them often Winter or Summer.

While looking under the broader category of "flies," I learned that mosquitoes are considered as belonging to this group. Okay, those bugs command a lot of our attention! Do you suppose that there is any way to persuade the mosquito that honey ... no, no I suppose not.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Phaedra , there is a feed store not far away that has a Giant Dog statue out front. It must be made of plastic or something. Anyway, the thing is probably about 8 or 10 feet tall at the shoulder.

The first time that I drove by it with Garbanzo the Dog in the vehicle she barked at it 🤣

The second and third times, she didn't bark.

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's pretty close to the bottle opener I use, when I'm not in the mood for a wrestling match (and the bottle opener also works well on canning lids). Sometimes the inverted bang on the counter works too.
I HAVE a bottle opener on my key chain (along with such things as a Swiss Diner's Knife*) But I wish I could find a better one, one with a proper circle top. Those wedge ones just don't really WORK on bottle tops, you basically have to mangle the cap to get it off. (and for those of you who as why I, who categorically don't drink beer, need a bottle opener on me, a lot of obscure and old timey sodas use non twist off caps as well, along with mason tops, combination pull tabs and caps (easy to get off, but also tend to open on their own with even a gentle knock) the "ramune" top (which basically relies on learning how to drink through a marble) and so on. )

*A Swiss Army Knife variant that comes with a fork and spoon as well as a knife. There's a bottle opener there as well, but it's even worse than the other one.

Latest posts