Somehow, It's Funny that Way

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really wasn't planning to turn this into a discussion of my life, just a story about a book.

In order to straighten out my life, I first have to figure out what I want my life to be, What I WAN'T out of my life isn't necessarily what it is GOOD for me to get out of it. That's actually one of the problems I have in telling her no on things like gastric sleeve surgery. It isn't so much that I think it is unnecessary, it's that I don't think it would do enough to make any difference. Likewise the idea of a life of nothing but dieting, work, and exercise. Yes, a life like that would be utterly joyless and devoid of pleasure, but maybe that is actually the problem, my refusal to admit that my life SHOULD be utterly free of joy and pleasure. The question of what justifies your life does not have any one set answer, and what seems a pointless life to one person may seem to be the correct way to live to another. Even questions of moderation are subject to interpretation. Maybe, instead of striving to be happy, I should be training myself to reach the point of simply not caring if I'm happy or not. To some people that sounds like a nightmare, to others, it's the literal definition of Nirvana.

right, i have no idea what you want from life and i prefer to treat people how they'd like to be treated. i do know that i do like your writings here and hope that they do bring you some enjoyment. for myself i do enjoy writing when i have the time.

as for happiness, not every moment is "Up", being happy about being neutral or not unhappy sounds fine to me. i don't consider that horrible at all.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1687867630860.jpg

Latest posts