Someone’s Getting Fancy

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I use little craft boxes (originally designed for seed beads) for my smaller seeds (like what I find on my hunts) organized by family, use (ones that I know make nice flowers get their own box) or source (for example, everything that normally comes from senna hunts gets one box so I only have to take one out when I'm putting my findings away)
Larger seeds (like beans or corn) get larger craft boxes normally used for embroidery floss.

Tomato seeds go in a little file cabinet

All the packets normally go in a drawer in my desk, but currently are in a large basket at the foot of my bed, as the drawer is occupied with ears of corn.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took seed packets that were for 2018 and put them in a box. That separated them from seed being kept in storage for another growing season.

My current year box had cardboard strips dividing the box into veggies, herbs, Solanaceae, and flowers. That kept the rummaging down since there must be double or triple the number of varieties that will or might be used in the future. I do try not to be a hoarder but ...

@catjac1975 says that tomato seed seems to last forever. That might be true but I start seed in community containers and dawdlers are at a disadvantage. Mary, you will want to give that some thought: what will you use initially? Will you move the seedlings from one container to another, part way through their life indoors?

The 4-packs and 6-packs come second. They are what many plants are in during their trip out to the garden. For tomatoes and eggplants, they are just stage #2. Small, individual pots are stage #3.

Steve

Latest posts