Something different.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Jackb,

you will be doing some bonsai magic with that, right? In 5 years, it will be gorgeous, look like it is 500 years old and you'll be able to claim that you knew it since it was a pit.

It's okay just as long as you don't lie about it. You know how mothers are . . .

Steve ;)
Steve,

I don't intend to bonsai it per se, but I intend to limit it to a container using some of the same techniques used for bonsai. I have in mind allowing the trees to get no larger than about 30 inches, in a container of about 12 inches in diameter. When they reach that point, I plan on periodically trimming the root system and the tree itself to maintain a balance, thus dwarfing the tree. At least, that is the theory. My space is limited, and I have to winter them indoors in New York. There are now 12 trees in my collection, so I have no alternative but to limit their size.

Jack B

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is surely not the start of my olive and olive oil empire, however, my Chamlali olive tree has baby (bambino) olives on it. :cool:

Jack B

bambinochamlali_zps41347b4d.jpg

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am thinking that perhaps Ava can leave a small dish of olives for Santa next Christmas Eve, and a cold bottle of beer to wash them down. :)

Jack B

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Already I have had to move three of the trees to larger containers, and I am thinking that the next size up is as large as I intend to go. I do not intend to get a hernia moving them around. :rolleyes: They do make attractive house plants though.

Jack B

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is so cool. I love olives. I know you will enjoy those tasty morsels as you have poured a lot of love into them!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
That is so cool. I love olives. I know you will enjoy those tasty morsels as you have poured a lot of love into them!
Perhaps a song would be appropriate, like Olives in New York, to the tune of Autumn in New York. Help me out here. :lol:

JackB

Latest posts