canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Captain Kangaroo, Mr Greenjeans & Grandfather Clock!!! :love
kangaroo.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMGOSH!!! Somebody ELSE who remembers Captain Kangaroo, with Mr Greenjeans and Bunnyrabbit!! When I moved from PA to IL, NOBODY had ever heard of them.
I felt SO ALONE!! :hit
That and I spoke funny...

they were on and i watched them sometimes. a few years later i got to where i enjoyed _the Munsters_ and _the Addams Family_ more.

one show i wished i had watched more of was _Mr. Roger's Neighborhood_ or whatever it was called. many years later i saw an episode of that show and thought it was really well done.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grew up on Captain Kangaroo. I don't remember any gas stations with the glass jars but where ever we got gas, we got free stuff. Cups, glasses, etc. The cheapest gas I remember was in Georgia for 13 cents per gallon.

Also I can still remember the taste of Green Stamps. Any my tele number in Amarillo began with OL8....And it was a party line.

yeah, we did green stamps too and had plenty of those glasses and bowls. now we just use coolwhip, cottage cheese and yogurt containers for all sorts of things. sadly the recycling doesn't take them.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My parents say I watched Captain Kangaroo but I don;t have any memories of it (it probably went off the air when I was still too young to remember things)

I DO remember getting up at 7:00 AM on Saturdays to watch King Leonardo and his Short Subjects (same people who made Rocky and Bullwinkle)

On the flip side there was a time when Nickelodeon signed off at around 8:00PM and went over to a PBS channel that showed "Britcoms"(British Comedies) So (since it was a sort of bridge between the two every night me an my parents would pile into their room and watch Danger Mouse.

Speaking of Nick, back when it had just started, they really didn't HAVE much in the way of programming, so the channel was a weird mix of 60's comedy shows and imported cartoons, As a result I saw a LOT of cartoons that came from other places. Some very early anime (besides the Mysterious cities of Gold and Voltron, I remember the Little Prince, the Adventures of Belle and Sebastian and I'm sure there were others) Australian material (a LOT of the Dot movies) and so on.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
they were on and i watched them sometimes. a few years later i got to where i enjoyed _the Munsters_ and _the Addams Family_ more.

one show i wished i had watched more of was _Mr. Roger's Neighborhood_ or whatever it was called. many years later i saw an episode of that show and thought it was really well done.
Almost every episode is available online if you have the ability to watch videos that way.