- Dec 13, 2007
- Reaction score
- border, ID/WA(!)
I was watching a guy up a tree on YouTube collecting honey from a big hollow branch when I thought, "I don't remember doing that . The cereal had finished cooking so I went in the kitchen to squeeze some honey out of a plastic bear into my bowl ... And, I thought to post this here!I'm turning 26 in a couple weeks
A newspaper reporter on Twitter asked if we remember something that if we told a young person they wouldn't understand. Within minutes, more stuff was on there than I could even keep up with - finger swiping, brain comprehension, or memory ! Here are some of them:
- A rotary dial on telephones is something of a cliche but it's a good place to start .
- manual typewriters
- card catalogs
- mimeographed handouts
- rewinding a tape ... with a pencil
- returning a movie to the store and paying a rewinding fee
- 45 rpm records on the back of cereal boxes
- stores closing at 1pm on Saturday and not reopening until Monday morning
- "I got it, I got it? Hello? It's for me!"
- "Will you get off the phone? I want to use the internet!"
now, somebody else's turn