Sometime Garbage is Garbage.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My whole backyard smells like that right now! When we have gotten a chance to cut the shin-high grass, the windrows left behind have fermented from all the heat and rain. Gag a maggot!
Yep, then the dog rolls in it an wants to come inside. :sick

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought so to, till I called town hall and asked what day they picked up heavy garbage. When woman told me town doesn,t pick up garbage, i thought she was crazy. Everywhere I lived, city handled garbage. Welcome to the country, where you have to haul it to dump yourself.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
There should be a trash hauling service that will pick up garbage that you can hire. Mine costs $22.52 per month and they will take up to four kitchen sized garbage bags each week. Pick-up is Monday mornings. I have a cage to hold my garbage cans to keep the coyotes, raccoons, dogs, and such from tearing into those garbage bags. The other option is that I haul it myself and pay the disposal fee at the collection center.

There are various restrictions, dead animals, tires and such, various chemicals, appliances, and other stuff. I have to dispose of these myself. Dead animals decompose so I can manage that myself but the other stuff I have to pay extra.

All recycling I haul into a collection center myself, #1 and #2 plastics, newspaper, phone books. and magazines, glass, cardboard, and of course they love metal.

Welcome to the more self-sufficient life in the country!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Burn barrels or burn piles are a way of life in the country. But some down wind ding-dong always decides to burn plastic milk jugs. Boy, do they stink up a neighborhood.

Latest posts