SooooCold

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
But is it a dry cold :p?

It was 9F New Years Eve & 9 right now. This is the coldest temperature so far this year and that was the very coldest for last winter, also. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just 4 Fun/shock.gif

Sometimes . . . sometimes, we have a winter with no below zero temps but that is unusual. I do not believe there has ever been such a warm winter low in all the nearly 50 years that I have lived here! We are now at about the coldest time of the year and if 9 will be IT, I am going to be surprised again, big time!

Similar snow-covered landscape as in Cat's recent pictures. However, I'm like Cat's cats . . . I'm much more interested in being indoors than having to endure the outdoor cold . . .

Steve
Hey Steve, you're colder than us! Usually when the t.v weather forecasters predict a low, we can count on it being even lower than that here, and the snow amounts can easily be doubled, but when they have been predicting the cold snap here lately, it seems to have avoided us. I think we must have had a thick cloud blanket here in the valley, last night was crystal clear when I went to bed, and this morning the low was 16*. The last several mornings it was around 27* when we were expecting 10*! Works for me!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:happy_flower <<< I call that the cool sun

There indeed are new shipping lanes in the Arctic Ocean now.

There is now not only "northwest passage", but there are now several lanes that pass near the actual north pole. There are now Beet and Pea farms in Greenland, and Greenland has a tourist magazine that they have excerpts on fb, beautiful photos of towns that are making plans for tourist hotels and such. The real reason China wants to keep Tibet and build those record breaking huge dams is that the Himalayan glaciers are disappearing.

Weather is becoming different worldwide, and my big beautiful friend Earth is doing her best to heal and moderate. There is actual talk about declaring the Holocene to be over, and naming the new epoch the ANTHROPOCENE, a period where the planet's weather is affected by humans.

Old timers saying global warming is hogwash sure are quiet these days.

Just because the climate is generally warming, especially at places where large amounts of ice are reserved does not mean that all places will be warmer. Cloud cover is also affecting and moderating temperatures. Reflection back to space of light is reduced when there is less ice. That means heat is absorbed, and when that happens in a cold sea, more evaporation and cloud formation happens, and the following rain further moderates temperatures.

I love this planet! I sure hope everyone else does too!

Marshall the ole Hippy :rainbow-sun

Latest posts