Southern California!

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow!! :th Sounds like a fun project!
Well, we are going to Wilderness Lakes in Menifee next month. I've never been there. We've really never RV camped at all. We ride dirtbikes so generally, we go out to the desert for the weekend. We have a toyhauler with 100 gallons and a powerful generator so we can go a while without needing hookups.
But, there is a spot in Temecula, over in the wine country, that we really liked. Tucalota Springs

Edited to add: I can keep you updated on where our club is going for the month and DH and I can bring you as a guest. We go to a lot of private places (like Thousand Trails ) that cost thousands a year to join, but we don't pay that because we belong to the club.

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wilderness Lakes looks wonderful - lots of fishing and things to keep you occupied! That sounds like a great place! Technically, we don't really "RV" camp, either. We have a trailer - tho no generator, which is why we usually need hookups. We LOVE Tucalota Springs! We've been there more than a half dozen times over the years, several times with hubby and the kids and 4 or so times when we've dragged other families or the Cub Scouts with us. :D

Thanks for keeping us in mind for an invite for camping! Sounds fun. Didn't you take one of your chickens one time??

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ah! So you've been to the Tucalota Springs "zoo"...:gig I loved the chickens, though!

We have taken chickens on camping trips with us because they are in the "hospital" and I just feel better taking them rather than having someone else do it.
Kendra went to the desert a few times and she's been to my parents house for Christmas, Buddy and Crash went to DH's cousin's wedding up in Sacramento, Daisy went to DH's brother's wedding in Northern AZ... I've got a traveling circus!
Well, don't worry about needing hookups. 99% of the people do so we always do hookup camping with the club.

Chickens004.jpg

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
"Zoo." That's a good word for it. It's always fun to go and visit all the animals. Do you take your horse there? The proximity to wine tasting is another plus. :lol:

That's a hoot about your traveling circus. I better not let my kids see that or they'll get some ideas. :eek:

Keep me informed about the club! I'll PM you with some contact info. :)