Spring Has Sprung !!! :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a kid, it was a big deal to see the first robin each year.
But they stay all winter now.
??

It felt like the first robin sighting of spring. I am not sure they ever left, but I have not seen any in my yard for awhile, which during the summer my yard is filled to the brim with robins. Then, they all just whooshed towards the north even the robins in a couple other yards all took to the sky at the same time and flew over my house and sky filled with them heading north. They did that one spring, showed up and it was crazy. Hundreds of them just stuffing themselves with worms, turning leaves over as fast as they could and then after about an hour they just whooshed like somebody called them and then I did not see any for about a week, which I thought weird since they knew the worms were here.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Patting myself on the back for getting a 45 pack of daffodils in the ground before Christmas!! Ony 3 dried up. I will be moving all of them, but they WILL LIVE!!
Itching to plant, but I have a chore list ahead of that for now...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw ..

. a pair of Oregon Juncos in the yard while I was shoveling snow, yesterday. Snow Birds!!

Really, they are here all year but one usually has to be up in the forested hills to find them. Common there but it's good to now see them here in the yard.

Steve

Latest posts