Spring Has Sprung !!! :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh I HOPE my lilly of the valley will get a good hold like yours.
All but 2 of the ones I planted came back and appear to have doubled.
Your spring gardens are LOVELY. :love:love
Thank You, I have tons of LOV Once established it spreads far and wide!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you leave the koi in the pond over the winter or do you have to take them inside?
The pond freezes solid! Soo the go into a livestock trough, a 50 gallon one I think. With a bubbler or livestock water heater for the winter. The go into a kind of dormancy where they do not need to eat much at all. When water warms enough in the spring we put them back in the pond.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I waited all spring for robins and I have not seen a robin for at least 2 months and all of a sudden this morning the yard was full of them.
robin.JPG
robin 1.JPG
robin 8.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw a good-size flock (20+) of Robins, a few days ago. They were in and out of a Mountain Ash tree that was loaded with berries.

Driving another mile, or so, I came on 2 more. That would be about what I could hope to see at this time of year. Two, maybe with me looking around on a 10 mile drive in residential areas.

I was out for about a 150 miles recently and came across flocks of Starlings. They disappeared from near my home entirely last winter and I was surprised to see so many just 30 miles or so south (Palouse Hills). It's likely to be colder and even a few hundred feet higher in elevation. And, there are few trees. I think that the 360 degree views may help them with hawks. Still, there was plenty of hawks in those areas.

Steve

Latest posts