Spring in budding in my yard (pics)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohmygosh! Jaxom is so handosme! Is there some Fav in there?
Love the picts. You have a great eye for composition.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great pics! Makes me so jealous. We have a nice coating of ice right now with more sleet and freezing rain still coming down. I think spring is a myth.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just lovely! Much as I love the spring photos- I have to say the okra is my favorite too! We got down to 9 degrees last night... spring is still a dream for me!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
great pics!

i was noticing a few days ago one of my neighbor's beautiful maple tree's buds starting to swell. but after this past weekend being back down in the low 30's during the day, i think his tree went into shock. :ep i checked the trees in my yard but i think his maple is something different from most of ours-maybe a red maple, i think we have sugar or silver maples. it is a HUGE tree that i want to believe could be at least 50 years old.

more white stuff predicted to start tonight and last into Wednesday for our neck of the woods :/

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
It'd be cool to see some of the chickens Jaxom's gonna breed.
I am setting eggs the week of Ap 15th, it should be easy to see if Jaxom is the chickie daddy. lol

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i was so inspired by kassandra's pics i took some myself this morning - with my cell phone. ;) one of these days i'm going to have a real camera.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
Oh my goodness! I usually am not a fan of Naked Necks, but he is HANDSOME!!! I love his comb, too. I think Jaxom may have converted me to a NN lover ;)
I really like NN's in almost any "flavor" but have to say the darker skinned I think really steal the show for me. I agree his comb is awesome and makes him look almost comical in several shots I have of him. I did have an all white one w dark skin, but he had a cross beak. :(

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
I am setting eggs the week of Ap 15th, it should be easy to see if Jaxom is the chickie daddy. lol
What do you mean by "setting eggs"? Isn't that up to the hens? Or are you talking about using an incubator? Duh.

Latest posts