Stained glass

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you ever get a chance you need to tour some old cathedrals in Europe. That stained glass would just blow you away. Money was no object to making it good and they had great artists putting those together. There is just something about the sunlight coming n through the stained glass in those cathedrals. It affects you if you have a soul.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great now your going to make me go dig out the 2 pieces I had made for my wife. Thanks a lot Nyboy! ;) Both are of her horses. I had them custom made at a little art studio near the Michigan State campus. They are the same profile but one is reversed so the can face each another. One is a dark bay Morgan, the other is palomino Quarter Horse just like her horses.

They are custom pieces, and are 18"x36" or so. They are NOT small. We don't have them up because of the kids but are well protected and put away to re-emerge at some point when it's safer to display them.

Great finds By the way! We used to go through antique shops but never found anything that nice! Guess we've been looking in the wrong places.

Who did the lamp work for you? I'm impressed someone was willing to take it on.

Gotta say you're giving @ninnymary a run for her money in the design & good taste dept! I'd be afraid of what you 2 could do if you ever joined forces!!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah lot of overtime and pictures that mysteriously went missing for a bit. And for the record there were happy tears over that.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha Jared. I've already noticed that Nyboy and I have similar tastes. He would probably beat me since I think he has more money than me! :D:D

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hah, taste is not about how much money you have...!

Love the flower stained glass pieces, do you think they're morning glories? We just visited a large antique store...a small piece of stained glass caught my eye, no specific design but it was like a transom piece that still had the handle on to unlock and push open. Didn't buy it, but trust me we got a few other pieces, haha.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That lamp is stunning. I have a place I want a piece of stained glass, above a DR window. Someday.... *sigh*

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Carol the story is kind of sad. Older couple wife"s family built house, taxes where over $38,000 a year, to much for them. Guy bought house told them he was going to restore it. Nothing in wriiting , they found out he is knocking down to build townhouses.

Latest posts