Started a new flowerbed...

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So I was able to score some AMAZING wild irises so had to build a flowerbed JUST for them. Of course there will be other stuff in it but the focal point will be these magnificent irises. SO, anyway, here was the starting point. This pic was taken after all the crap...er....STUFF was moved out of the way. Tomorrow I will get pics of the completed bed.

This first pic is of some of the Slimey's that were just meandering along

IMG_2215.jpg

This is the actual flowerbed area.

IMG_2220.jpg

Again, tomorrow I will get pics of how it looks now.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Man those are some nice worms there! That can only mean great soil!

Wishing you luck with these wild irises.

I think you may want to get another little plot prepared. ;) :idunno :pop

:caf

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Man those are some nice worms there! That can only mean great soil!

Wishing you luck with these wild irises.

I think you may want to get another little plot prepared. ;) :idunno :pop

:caf
Those worms are just what was on the surface - I swear there had to have been hundreds of them! Big ol fat nightcrawlers and little bitty baby wigglers. Fabulous!

Annnnnd, I do have a new spot I have been thinking on for another flowerbed :clap

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, so here it is today after some additions. The little spriggy things are the iris. Along the fenceline I planted hollyhocks, along the outside end (behind where the little girl is sitting) I planted some sea oat grass. And along the front by the shed wall I planted daffodils. I hope to put some elephant ears or big fernie things in the back corner when I can get my hands on some. OH, and check out the moss rose in the lion, growing and blooming from cuttings... :)

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2240-1.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a nice rich looking bed! The cat looks like he is waiting for some catnip plants!

A perfect place for flowers!:coolsun

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's Spooky. She is 10 yrs old now and not quite as mean as she used to be. There was a time when dogs feared to walk by our property - she would STALK them and ATTACK, squalling and yowling the entire time. Pretty funny. Anyway, she hunts rabbits instead of mice tho I have seen her munch a rat or three over the years. You think finding a headless rat is bad? I can't count how many headless bunnies she has graced us with...lol.

I amended that spot with decomposed wood chips, rotted leaves, and a little stinky goat poo soup...

Roger walked by and said "OMG! what is that SMELL?!" :gig

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
that looks great!
my husband has walked past a bed with fresh store bought chicken poo and said the same thing!! you'd think he'd be use to my poop soups .. not yet ..
if you think about it and are willing to share more photos, i'd love to see more updates! ..
im excited for you..